My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Shop Teacher & Proud Dad
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an x700 along with a Kolpin Dirt Works 3pt hitch. I like the fact that the hitch can be removed when not needed.

I currently use it on my 425 and it has an electric actuator to work it. Just a little lacking in power.

I have an idea to replace the electric actuator with a hydraulic cylinder and use the lower ports on the Hyd couplers and lower lever on dash to operate it when I need to drag driveway or move my trailer from behind the shed to the driveway.

One of the big reasons I went with the Kolpin instead of adding a 3pt hitch to the 425 is the option to run both rear 3pt and front blade with angle. since the rear 3pt was electric.

During snow season is when I will want to run both the front blade and 3pt hitch. Is there a way to do this? I am even willing to add a 3rd hydraulic lever to operate it.

Thanks for all the input.

·
Super Moderator
17,719 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
[QUOTE Well with this Gadget http://www.abcgroff.com/ic/fasse1.htm You can Run a Hydraulic Cylinder in the rear and still have four front outlets[/QUOTE]

On my 455 I installed the John Deere auxiliary rear hydraulic outlets. If I installed this Fasse system on my rear outlets how would this increase my productivity? It appears I would not have enough room to mount this on my front couplers. I am interested in having a way to shut off the manual shut off valve more easily when I switch between front and rear implements without having to get under the tractor all the time. I looked at solenoid valves but there isn't much room under the floor boards to work with etc. Could this Fasse system help?

Brian

·
Registered
81 Posts
I went to the Baum Hydraulic site and I believe a normally closed Fasse utility on/off control kit 700-1820 is what I need.

Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts