My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for something to improve my video's when walking or riding in the Gator. Thought I would try a camera stabilizer after watching some youtube video's. This is what I got, a SUTEFOTO S40 Handheld Stabilizer Pro Version for Camera Video DV DSLR. I tried it today and it does help smooth things out, but I still need to dial in the adjustments.

Attachments

·
Administrator
16,829 Posts
When you get it all worked out, how about posting a short two part video. Fist walk without using the stabilizer, then return and walk the same place with it. Then everyone can see how well they work. Just a thought.
MikeC

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Not sure how that would work on the Gator unless you are hand holding the cam. It works on the principle of mass and inertia which applies forces against your hand/arm that then respond to move with the mass. If the cam is attached to the Gator, then that doesn't work on all axis (sp. axes).

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you get it all worked out, how about posting a short two part video. Fist walk without using the stabilizer, then return and walk the same place with it. Then everyone can see how well they work. Just a thought.
MikeC
I'll do that

Not sure how that would work on the Gator unless you are hand holding the cam. It works on the principle of mass and inertia which applies forces against your hand/arm that then respond to move with the mass. If the cam is attached to the Gator, then that doesn't work on all axis (sp. axes).
I would be the passenger holding the camera when in the gator.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts