My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After all these years, it's time to move on from the gravely era for me.
This is what I have.
A 1954 L that is locked up and doesn't run. Can be used for parts.
A 1945 L that was running, but I can't get it to start now.
Rotary plow.
Brush hog.
Sickle bar that is broken.
Large GRW wheels, new tires.
Governor.
Bunch of spare parts

I would like to see all this stuff go to someone who could use it. Price........ FREE!
You must take it all!

Located near Sacramento CA

OK to PM me

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
Well I can see where your'e comming from, but if I was anywhere near there Id come get it.
But I guess its more of a hobby than anything ( speaking for myself) because if I had any real grass to mow it would be sky-high by now and I would have to get a newer type mower wich would prolly be a Gravely also. They look like some good ones but Im certain that Gravely is just a name on them for a selling point cashing in on a reputable name but I could be wrong there to.
But I love my L and the old ones for work that the new ones would prolly get destroyed doing at great expense so I'd love to always have a old one around.
Plus I love the way they look as I like all things old like the older the Harley the more I like them. I would like to have one that the fenders look like they came off a 48' model Dodge truck! lol.
Guess Im nostalgic.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything has been given away. The bonus part of this is the guy lost his in the Paradise CA fire last year. He and his family lost everything but their two vehicles. His Gravely was burned up. He was excited to get my stash of Gravely stuff. Plus he is knowledgeable and grew up with Gravelys.
Thanks to all of you who helped me with getting my Gravelys running.
Signing off. Good luck to all of you and think safety when running your tractors.
Joe

·
Inveterate Putterer
2,976 Posts
That's a great story, Joe. Good for you and good for the guy who got it all!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts