My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calling all JD 3720 owners:

I bought 78 acres of land. The land is in the NW Indiana, mostly flat a few slight elevations.
Most of it is wooded, approximately 10 acres are meadow.
Three ponds: 1.5 acre, 1+ acre and 0.5 acre, all with trees and grass around them. The house has also trees and grass around it.
Approximately 800 yards of gravel road.
Approximately 1 mile of hiking trail which will be expanded.

Most of you guys spent a lot of time to convince me that I need two machines. A big one and a small one. O.K., so for the big one I like the JD 3720 with cab. (But some of you guys are recommending 4X20. I am reluctant because of cost and the fact that John Deere does not make a front snow blower for the 4X20.)

Is the 3720 worth the fortune John Deere is asking for? Would you be so kind to share your experiences? Good and bad.

Thank you for the education.
Regards,
FRIZ

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
I would go with the 3720 Cab tractor. With all the trees this size of tractor should do you well in around the trees and not being too big and plenty of tractor to get just about any job done. So it takes you a little longer with the 3720 CAB tractor. It's heated and has air. Easy decision for me. I wish you the very best and look forward to the pics of what ever you get. slkpk slkpk

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Well you are at the point of where i was around 10 weeks ago. I went to the JD store for a 3720 with a cab and came home with a 4520 with a cab. I didnt see where you listed what your plans are but the two units... well there is no comparison. The Actual size difference is almost nothing. All i can say is being in that JD cab sure is nice. They are very quiet. Are they worth it?? Well i figured out if i put 20 hours a month on it for 20 years it is very much worth it.

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
As far as bad. The bad experiance from JD for me is that stupid fan underneath my 2210. other then that nothing that either my father, uncle or i am not responsible for.

Dont think short term think long term as a investment.

·
Great Site Good People
6,656 Posts
Well you are at the point of where i was around 10 weeks ago. I went to the JD store for a 3720 with a cab and came home with a 4520 with a cab. I didnt see where you listed what your plans are but the two units... well there is no comparison. The Actual size difference is almost nothing. All i can say is being in that JD cab sure is nice. They are very quiet. Are they worth it?? Well i figured out if i put 20 hours a month on it for 20 years it is very much worth it.
:ditto::ditto::ditto::ditto::ditto::ditto::ditto:

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Will it last 20 years and that many hours:biglaugh: :biglaugh: Your only paying for the green & yellow paint:fing20: slkpk

·
Great Site Good People
6,656 Posts
If TeamGreen's dealer finds out that he is keeping tractor for 20 years,
they may go under.:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:hide:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts