My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Deceased, April 2015
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does one go about removing the air vane/adjustment collar/throttle shaft/throttle blade from a plastic F series carb? I had need of a governor spring from a donor plastic carb to fit to a metal Walbro and I ended up breaking the central shaft to get the spring out.

As my grandpa used to say "there's gotta be a way to take it apart - it didn't grow together". But I'm stumped. The plastic carbs don't have the screw on top to remove the air vane. One more reason to dislike those hateful things.

Thanks for allowing me to tap the MTF knowledge base.

Charlie

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
i have 2, the metal disc in the middle is just slipped in, i grabbed it with needle nose&slid it out,&wa-la, the govenor&all just lifted out
this link should lay it out, the gov has a long shaft(toward the bottom it should be slotted like a(n) ii....)&the disc just slides in

·
Lawn Boy
1,569 Posts
Before you grab it with the needlenosers, take a good look at which direction points which way, and either draw a diagram or mark it up with a sharpie.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
good call murph, i had to guesstimate how wrong i was the 1st time i messed with one
&i used a marker

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Usually the two "tabs" go in first with the single "tab" that holds the air vane in towards the air box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts