My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to get a used Berco compact model, but it came off a John Deere LT166 and I need it to fit a Dixon GT. The tractor I have has a frame like the newer AYP made craftsman/husqvarna. ( I believe this is the Type D frame from what I ve seen online and Type E electric clutch)

Does anyone know if the drive mechanism and subframes that come with the compact model for the JD lt166 are similar enough to those for the Craftsman? This is 10 minutes from my home and I'd love to be able to get one of these babies!

What would help are the drive mechanism/subframe part #s from the JD LT166 or LT family, if anyone here has the compact or northeast mounted to one of those.

Any help in this matter would be appreciated greatly!

PS, ive sent the same query to jims and berco, but no response yet!

ggsteve, I sent you a PM, but had put the wrong JD model in the request.

(way off, saw the guy's 430-- this thing is huge, looks like it could eat the lt166 parked next to it!, he got this w/1000hrs on the 3cyl diesel, with 3 way plow, suitcase weights, wheel weights, jd steel cart, chains, new seat & what looked like a 60" blower for 3k... what a deal!)

·
Super Moderator
17,298 Posts
The Bercomac model for the LT166 is 700255-3 It will fit all Craftsman Models 13 to 24hp. The best thing to really do is contact Bercomac There very helpful.

Bercomac Limitée
92, Fortin Nord
Adstock, Quebec, Canada
G0N 1S0
Phone : (877) 772-3726
Fax : (800) 430-2252
E-mail : [email protected]

·
L120/G110 Hybridizer
1,181 Posts
A Berco model What? They make snowblowers, tillers, blades and rotary brooms for the L&GT market. I have their 30" tiller and it will fit any model tractor with a hydro that has either a 14" or 16 1/4" set of mounting holes (i.e. TT K46).

I have one on my JD L120 and can say it works well.

Paul

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Paul, thats a snowblower... Model #700255-1 available locally to me, which I'm trying to fit-up.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a berco compact that I ran on a JD L111 untill a year ago. Now I have it on my husqvarna GTH2648. All I did was bought a subframe and drive kit for my new tractor. I used it last winter and worked like a charm. It's the one in my avatar pic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts