My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seriously considering buying a B3030HSDC (additionally to a JD 4720) for my 78 acre property. The B3030HSDC would have the following two tasks:

MOWER:

I originally wanted to buy the JD x749 with a 60in mid-mount mower. But know I am attracted to the Kubota B3030HSDC (air-conditioned cab, no mosquito bites…). The task is to mow around the three ponds (1.5 acre, 1+ acre and 0.5 acre), all with trees and grass around them, as well as the house which also has trees and grass around it. I would like to order the B3030HSDC with a 72in (RCK72-30B) mid-mount mower.

What is your experience with the B3030HSDC with a 72in mid-mount mower?

It takes a while in NW Indiana for the ground to dry enough to be able to mow in springtime. Can the B3030HSDC handle high wet grass?

SNOW-BLOWER:

The second task I am considering is to snow-blow the approximately 800 yards of gravel road. I would like to order the B3030HSDC with a 63in (B2782) snow-blower.

What is your experience with the B3030HSDC with a 63in (B2782) snow-blower?

Can it handle a lot of snow and approximately 800 yards of gravel road?

My land is in the NW Indiana, mostly flat a few slight elevations. With turf tires, will I need snow-chains? With turf tires, will I need a ballast box?

How hard is it to switch between snow-blower and mid mount mower (spring/fall)?

Please share you insights.

Thank you,
Regards,
FRIZ

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
I'm not a B3030HSDC owner (not yet :D) but I've read good reviews on the B3030 coupled w/a 72" MMM.
This video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu2XtU8DGaQ isn't a MMM bit does indicate how quiet the cab is when running a RFM.
As you probably already know, the B3030 is basically in a class of it's own due to it being a 30hp CUT w/a conditioned cab. Most all reviews I've seen have been positive. Positive enough to be on my short list too :D
You really need to test drive one, I did and was highly impressed.
Good luck.

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
Fritz,

smfcpacfp here on the forum has a B3030 cab tractor. You might pm him and get his experiences. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts