My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after searching for a sickle bar mower for about a year now with no luck, seems there are none to be found in my neck of the woods, I have decided to try something. I took a sickle bar mower from a Simplicity walk behind tractor and started working on attaching it to my Cadet. I decide to use the Cadet as it was the only machine without a real purpose here.
So far I have made it run off the engine althought it needs to be slowed down some yet. Once I get that under way I will hang it from the machine.
It may not work but so far looks promising:praying:

·
Red Tractor Fan
1,704 Posts
With that belt drop, can you run a double stack jack shaft and run the belt down slower?

Those 73's were kind of the red-headed step child of the cubs, Eh? With that vertical motor and all they just seem odd.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I LIKE IT!! I've always wanted a sickle bar mower, just don't have any use for one. Keep us posted on your install. A while back there was a rear sickle bar mower on e-bay, cat O with a hydralic cylinder lift on the bar itself to angle it up and down. Wanted it, just didn't want to drive from the Texas gulfcoast to PA to get it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts