My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All! Im working on a 7260 for my brother. He bought it used, and the front differential is missing a bunch of parts. I'm having a hard time finding any salvage yards that deal with Cadets, and was wondering if there were other brands/models that shared parts. I'd like to get the entire front differential, since I don't know the condition of the parts that are still on the tractor. Alternatively, if anyone has, or knows someone who has, a 7260 or compatible tractor, that they are parting out, I'd be glad to hear it.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
16,819 Posts
I know it can be frustrating when no one answers, but it may be no one is familiar with the 7260. As I did a search for parts for that tractor, I saw a familiar thread running through a lot of the forums. Parts for older tractors are becoming harder and harder to find. On one of the forums, a fellow looking for a ring gear for the front hub got a price of just over $500 for the part from an IH / Cub /MTD dealer. Did see a whole 7260 on an auction site
2000 Cub Cadet MTD 7260 Tractor. 1144 hrs on meter This item is surplus and does not run or start. Item has diesel engine front bucket and three point hitch with PTO. Tires hold air. Item will need to be loaded and hauled by buyer.
That went for $4260. Finding something like that, cannibalize and sell off loader other parts. Other sites had reports of problems with front housing and looking for parts, all in vain. Not trying to be a "Debbie Downer" but looks like you have a task on your hands. Looking at compatible parts for models on Parts Tree and other sites show that the only ones are all the 7200 series and a couple of the 7300. The really bad news is that most of the internal drive line parts are "not available," at least through them. But possibly they still are through the dealers and much higher cost. Salvage yards, possibly but of course you have to be aware of just what you need, and or that if you are buying a complete differential unit, that it is all there.I know you have checked but best be might be doing nation wide search for a yard or asking on here, or other forums, for suggestions on yards. Here are a couple links that another member posted for someone looking for parts. https://www.abilenemachine.com/ and https://www.wengers.com/wholegoods/ The second one also deals in construction equip so... maybe. Good luck and let us know how it all works out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome info!! Thanks very much for the reply. So, it looks like he'll just have to settle for 2wd, or sell it off and get something different. I'll definitely look into those tractor parts places. Thanks again for the info, and I'll keep ya'll posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts