My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Country folks can survive
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished up the C21ZPS that I picked up back in July. According to Lawn-Boy, this was only made in 1991, mechanically, its similar to a 6431 Suburban but with the commercial colors. I built this to be the dedicated spring/fall leaf cleanup machine.:drunkie:

As found - all the wheel adjusters were bent, all the wheels were worn through, and there was no paint on about 2/3 of the deck. Definitely was used commercially. It ran but the piston and ports were a mess of carbon, and none of the original cross-hatch remained. :thSick:
I honed the cylinder, new piston, rings, reed, seals, bearings, etc.

I had the deck, shroud and handles media blasted. I redid the shroud and handles in argent grey wheel paint, because I had it around, and I wanted less black. I also found a guard, although this mower did not have a guard from new, the mounting holes were blocked with screws that appeared to be orginal. I was able to save the recoil and mixing instructions decals, but used the nameplate from a straight-gassed 10401 that I parted out a while back. I have post-assembly touch up to do yet, and I will probably replace the rope over the winter.

I added the cold start kit, kinda surprised it didn't have one.

·
OMG I got another LawnBoy
1,178 Posts
Very nice!!! :) Good job!

·
5K Poster!!!
5,142 Posts
I see a primer and the cool vented air filter cover....must have a Walboro on her? Nice....very nice.:fing32:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Very nice! I like the color on the shroud. Anyone know the reason for the vented filter cover?

·
Country folks can survive
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know what model the vented filter cover came from. The original filter housing was broken at the throttle cable, and the vented cover was on a replacement I picked off of Ebay. I need to be on the lookout for a remote filter kit, because shredding and bagging leaves gets a lot of dust into those vents. I added the primer kit. Didn't have one on it when I got it - the guy was starting it with ether all the time.

·
5K Poster!!!!
5,092 Posts
I think the vented air box cover came out in 93, my 92 680543 never had the vented cover, but my 1993 10420 does. I think any of the gold series, and maybe silvers had those. don't quote me on that though.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I've had about 6 of the '94-'95 Gold series and all had the solid cover. I had a '94 10600 and a '97 22240...both of those had the vented cover. Who knows. Any of them could have been swapped out before I got them. Maybe it was a random installation on the assembly line.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Very nice!!!! It is a lot of detail work. Good job!!

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Awesome mower. LOoks brand new!!!

Fantastic. Thanks for the pics.
I really like this mower.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts