My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
World Famous VF-14
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was a little curious as to the health of my kohler ( You know you gotta have the yearly inspection on your kohler after 50 ...) so I tried a compression test, At first I was getting like 15psi..I was like Holy ****, then It clicked about the auto compression release so I reset the gauge to 0 and tried it again and really let it wind out and it jumped up to 100psi so I'm guessing that pretty good?

·
Just Have a Little Faith!
9,271 Posts
I don't know, but I heard that if you turn the engine over backwards, it defeats the compression release.

·
Oldbie
1,605 Posts
I believe 100 to 120 psi is good! I would check the gauge agaist another with that "50"
reading. I thought engines had a hard time running at 80psi and less.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey MikMan48 going away for a week and will have no Internet. Don't know the protocal on this forum and as I am not a good keyboard guy I find it a little hard to communicate. I see your close by so I thought maybe we could contact by phone. But I don't know if its really done that way on this forum, first time l've ever been on a forum and don't know what l'm doing. Lol

·
Premium Member
10,509 Posts
Hey MikMan48 going away for a week and will have no Internet. Don't know the protocal on this forum and as I am not a good keyboard guy I find it a little hard to communicate. I see your close by so I thought maybe we could contact by phone. But I don't know if its really done that way on this forum, first time l've ever been on a forum and don't know what l'm doing. Lol
Hi SS, i will send you a private message through this site shortly, just so i do not fill up this thread with our chatting?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts