My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the original guy that was going to buy Green Machine, must have lost his job or something else happened. When I told him it was ready he stalled me for 2 weeks. When I called him I always got his voice mail. So I relisted it on C'list for my original asking price, $650, then had several callers about it. In showing it to a buyer, I noticed something wrong with the deck. Sounded like a bad bearing. Took it all apart, changed 2 shafts, 2 sets of bearings, 1 new belt pulley, and a new blade. I raised my price to $700, and sold it yesterday. Today I made some belt guards for the outer pulleys.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
so long green machine,Thats was a real nice GT:thThumbsU. Not to change the subject but i have a question. Are theses tractors heavy enough to put a lift on? I would like to try and find one to put on my 1998 GT

·
Premium Member
5,689 Posts
Good deal hankll. How is the "Blue Light Special" Murray doin'?

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
There has been about 5 people who have called, but so far no one has made the trip to look it over. Mostly tire kickers. One guy said it was ugly. Oh, well, if it don't sell right now, I'll sell it eventually.

The funny thing is when I raised the price on the Green Machine, it was when a couple had come to look at it, and when I showed them all the extra work I was going to put into the deck, to make it a reliable machine, and told them I was raising the price to cover my parts expense for the added work, they didn't bat an eye. They shelled out a deposit and asked when I'd have it all done. I think that as slow as the market for riders is around my area, the fact I put extra money to make them a "reliable" riding lawnmower, plus the extra effort I do to make them look as sharp and pretty as possible knocks my competition down. I see photo's of their examples that clearly haven't been prepped. Then the ones that are prepped are to obvious, with tires so shiny, they scream, "look, I have something covered up!" Might just be my imagination, though. Just seems every time I list, it sells. Other riders seem to stay on the list and be re-listed, fairly often. Times is tight, and you have to give people their money's worth, or they ain't turning loose of any of it.

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are theses tractors heavy enough to put a lift on? I would like to try and find one to put on my 1998 GT
I listed some YouTube video's a while back that showed two different Murrays with FEL on them. One was pretty well designed, and was proportional to the size of the Murray hood. The other was more of a fork lift, but it was a monstrosity of out of proportion to the Murray. Both were running a Hydro pump of the pulley normally for the blades. It obviously can be done, but unless it is a small bucket on the front, it'd be too hard on them IMHO......

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
I listed some YouTube video's a while back that showed two different Murrays with FEL on them. One was pretty well designed, and was proportional to the size of the Murray hood. The other was more of a fork lift, but it was a monstrosity of out of proportion to the Murray. Both were running a Hydro pump of the pulley normally for the blades. It obviously can be done, but unless it is a small bucket on the front, it'd be too hard on them IMHO......
I think he is talking about a sleeve hitch??

·
Premium Member
5,689 Posts
Hankll

Your tractors always look good. Sometimes I can't believe how some guys list stuff on CL or Feebay. Here is a hypothetical ad for the same tractor listed by 2 very different folk.

Ad #1

For sale. 2007 Craftsman LT 4000. 42 inch cutting deck with mulching plate and blades eliminates clippings and makes short work of fall clean up. Hydro transmission works smooth and flawless. Briggs 18 hp Twin starts at first crank, runs fine with no funny noises or smoke. Tractor has slight scuffs and scratches from normal use, not abuse. Tractor has always been stored under cover and all maintenance performed religiously. Issue free machine. Looking to get $900.00 but willing to discuss all reasonable offers. Please call 555-5555 to schedule a viewing or to ask questions.

Ad #2 same tractor - different seller

craftsmin trakter,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,neeeds nuthing 900 ferm

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Ohhhh, well, nevermind........:fing20:
Sorry i shouldve been more specific, when i mean lift i meant sleeve hitch:sorry1: But a front end loader would be handy, nice to lol

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
You can put a MTD or Craftsman sleeve hitch on it but you need to modify it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts