My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be getting my FIL's BX25D. Last year he had purchased a 12 foot, tilt deck, single axle (7k) trailer to haul it. However, with his deteriorating health, he has not had the opportunity to even load the tractor onto it. This is a link to the actual trailer, the 6.5 x 12, 7k model (click Specifications link):

https://www.sure-trac.com/products.php?trailerId=31

I realize the trailer has more than enough rated capacity to haul the tractor, but my concern is the length. Is the tractor going to fit with the loader and BH attached? Can I swing the BH to one side and secure it to the trailer frame to reduce OAL? As I am towing with a diesel Grand Cherokee, I'm also wondering if I'm going to have enough deck space to properly balance the load. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Disclaimer: I had this posted on another forum. I'm not discounting anything said there, but there seems to be a lot more traffic on MTF.

·
Premium Member
2,718 Posts
The tractor itself is 8', so with both the loader & backhoe, I would expect it to hang over the back a little bit. Might not if you back the tractor onto the trailer, so the BH extends a bit into that triangle just in front of the hitch, but that may also put too much weight on the vehicle (vs more over the trailer axle if it's the other way).

·
Administrator
13,529 Posts
It will be a tight fit either way. Just try it both ways for best fit.

How do you like the GC diesel? Fuel mileage?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do you like the GC diesel? Fuel mileage?
I LOVE my diesel GC. It's a 2015 that I bought used last July. I've put about 22k miles on it so far. Love the torque, just wish it had more top end, but that's any diesel. My commute is 95 miles round trip per day, mixed driving, and I am currently averaging 26 MPG. Highway trips easily net 30+ MPG.

·
Administrator
13,529 Posts
Nice! You should easily get 200k miles out of that engine. Only thing that stopped me from buying one is the high price of diesel. No excuse for that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can put the front bucket where the triangle is for the hitch and jack
When it comes time, I will give this a try. It does have a set-back jack, so I hope there is still enough room.

The good news is, I shouldn't be transporting it all that much.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice! You should easily get 200k miles out of that engine. Only thing that stopped me from buying one is the high price of diesel. No excuse for that.
There are some longevity concerns as there have been some catastrophic engine failures, but I don't know how much of that is squeaky wheel syndrome. Everyone complains (loudly) when something fails, but you rarely hear a peep when something runs as it should. :) I believe those potential issues have been address in the newest version of the engine though, so I wouldn't hesitate to buy a new one now that they've been approved for sale again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts