My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m having an issue with my BX2380 throttle lever not holding an RPM. For example, when I mow the pasture, I’ll move the throttle lever to full RPM and as soon as I release the throttle lever the RPMs fall. I have to physically hold the throttle lever to maintain required ROMs. This happens at all RPMs. The tractor starts and holds correct PRM while at idle speed. Any suggestions? I hate to carry to the shop fir something I hope to be able to repair at home.

·
We're all friends here
14,201 Posts
Welcome to MTF. Slipping throttle is a common issue on BX models. There is a simple adjustment nut on the right side when you remove the air screen. Here is a video showing how to adjust the tension on the throttle cable:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to MTF. Slipping throttle is a common issue on BX models. There is a simple adjustment nut on the right side when you remove the air screen. Here is a video showing how to adjust the tension on the throttle cable:

Thanks! I’ve adjusted and put a lock but with picture on it. Should do the trick.

·
Make Smoke, Boil Water!
1,636 Posts
I've been there, posted a fix almost seven years ago for my 'bota. It'll probably be what you need to do. Let's see if the URL works:
Hand throttle won't hold position - FIXED

Hmmm. All good, except PhotoBucket went all usurious with fees. Sorry for the lack of picture.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts