My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1 year old BX2350 with 54" MMM and FEL. Happy with everything except stopping in reverse. Take you foot off the HST pedal slow, fast, or anything in between and it will snap your head back. The first time this happened it stopped so abrupt that I thought I hit a tree. I contacted the dealer, he acknowledged the problem but said there is nothing to adjust, it's a design problem. I contacted Kubota customer service 3 times. The last time they had the regional service rep call me. He explained there is a difference in the pedal throw from forward to reverse (not sure the exact specs but it was something like 90 degrees going forward and 55 degrees going back) and that is why the decelleration cycliner works well in forward but not in reverse. He acknowledged the problem and even said he has one customer that uses the tractor to move heavy equipment around on a concrete drive and it will actually leave tire skid marks on the drive. He didn't have a fix at this time. He said "engineeing is working on it".

Anyone else have this issue? Anyone else contact Kubota?

It's actually a bit better in the snow right now because the tires slide a bit.

·
Registered
68 Posts
This is a trait of this tractor. Everyone complains of it. hopefully engineering will fix it. I don't even notice it anymore, except for the two bald patches in the lawn when maneuvering.:fing20:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yep, same thing with mine. Was also wondering why it was so bad. Thanks to your post, I understand what is going on now and I guess I will have to live with it. hjt

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not ready to settle that the abrupt stopping is normal. According to my reseach this is not the case with other models. I'm making the case that it is not safe when using the FEL. I intend to push the issue with Kubota direct (they have a customer service email on their web site) as well as thru the dealer (he has been great, he just doesn't have a fix for it)

Perhaps if a few more BX2350 owners take issue with it and contact them, they will be more inclined to fix it.

·
MTF Member
91 Posts
Keeps us informed Willow!:thanku:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hey tswillow! I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet, but if you're operating the BX in high range and using the loader, then it will snap you around, when going from forward to reverse. Try out the lower gear and see if it is more to your liking. I think it is just human to get everything done as fast as we can. These little cuts are tractors and are designed to operate slowly. It takes a little time on the unit to get used to operating the forward / reverse pedal smoothly. I was suspect at first also, but now am quite pleased with it. Just some food for thought. Kenny

·
Registered
68 Posts
At first I agreed that this was a problem, but this week I had a chance to run another brand machine. It was larger than the bx. (35-40hp) The hydro was so unresponsive it felt mushy and I could not tell if it was spinning or not. After that I am very happy mine is responsive enough to stop you. I needed the brakes a couple of times on the other machine. It is a new machine (43H) so I don't believe the machine has a problem. I don't want to post the make/model so no one thinks I am bashing their machine. This was just a observation of the feel of the hydrostatic trans.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'll tell you how much I like my BX 2350! I recently bought one for my son too!! He fell in love with mine, and I just wanted to see him enjoy something from me, while I was still alive. I still say that if you operate the unit like a piece of equipment and not like a sport car, it'll please you to a tee! Just another one of my many useless opinions. Kenny

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 1 year old BX2350 with 54" MMM and FEL. Happy with everything except stopping in reverse. Take you foot off the HST pedal slow, fast, or anything in between and it will snap your head back. The first time this happened it stopped so abrupt that I thought I hit a tree. I contacted the dealer, he acknowledged the problem but said there is nothing to adjust, it's a design problem. I contacted Kubota customer service 3 times. The last time they had the regional service rep call me. He explained there is a difference in the pedal throw from forward to reverse (not sure the exact specs but it was something like 90 degrees going forward and 55 degrees going back) and that is why the decelleration cycliner works well in forward but not in reverse. He acknowledged the problem and even said he has one customer that uses the tractor to move heavy equipment around on a concrete drive and it will actually leave tire skid marks on the drive. He didn't have a fix at this time. He said "engineeing is working on it".

Anyone else have this issue? Anyone else contact Kubota?

It's actually a bit better in the snow right now because the tires slide a bit.
13 years later March 2020 called corporate for an update on this issue. No answer. Referred to dealer. You would think that they would want to keep a good reputation by having a fix for this common issue but they have made no effort. Looks like I'll be going Green next time.

·
Professional Homeowner
7,416 Posts
I searched bx2350 stop reverse and found some info. This is what I recall seeing. Hopefully this is the right link... see page 8. A user fabricated a simple bracket to solve the issue.
It was the first or second result in the search

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recall reading somewhere there is a fix kit for it. It consists of brackets and a cushion gas cylinder if I recall correctly. I believe it cushions the reverse function linkage. I don’t recall where I saw the info on it, but I bet it was 6-7 years ago.
Thanks. If there is, Kubota is not forwarding the information,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts