My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so it has fuel, the battery shows a full charge, but it wont crank. I cannot hear the starter relay kicking in or the starter. Usually there is a ticking when you turn the key half way, presumably that is something related to the glow plugs, but this sound is totally absent. There is a buzzing sound that does not stop when the key is turned off. This sound gradually fades and stops after several seconds. Accessories come on when the switch turns, as do the lights on the dash. I removed the battery, cleaned the terminals and put it back in, and it ran normal until I shut it off. Now it is back to not starting again. Anyone have an electric schematic?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lonn, thank you. I know there are at least three safety switches that have to be satisfied to start. I tore the engine shroud off and found a loose connection on the coil lead at the starter. It fired up and ran well. I have shut it down and started it several times since and it seems ok. EIther that was it or the problem is sporadic and elusive. I will try it again tomorrow and see if it makes smoke.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts