My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my sister saw our BX2360, she said, "Hey, I could use one of those!" So she is thinking of buying a BX1860 before the 0% financing expires.

I asked about getting a MMM, but she has a riding mower that, for some reason, she thinks she wants to keep.

I'm thinking she should sell that and buy a MMM.

Question: How difficult is it to attach/detach the MMM? My sister is 65 years old, and not much up for crawling and heaving heavy implements.

The 2360 Operator's Manual says only to refer to the MMM manual, so that's no help.

What's involved? Could she leave the MMM attached and still use a blade or boom pole on the 3pt rear hitch?

Thanks for any information.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Mike, I can't talk from experiance on the 1860, but I've put the MMM on and off my dads BX1500 and can say its not terrible but is still a pretty good workout. The decks pretty heavy to muscle around and hooking up the PTO takes some effort.
However the good news is that the MMM can be left on and still have full function of the 3pt, rear PTO, and loader. Not sure about front mounted implements like a front blade but my guess is no since the front MMM mounts appear to interfere.

Brad

·
Passed Away, Sept. 2013
183 Posts
Hi, Mike: I have the 1860 with the fine cut mmm and mulching kit. It's a bit of a wrestle to get it on and off. There is a bit of an "S" wiggle when sliding under the tractor although some have different tricks to raise front end to make it easier. Also, sliding the shaft onto the pto sometimes makes you wish you had two elbows and another 6 inches on the operative arm. Also standing it up on end is a bit tricky (on the mulch plug). The best bet for thorough cleaning is to pick it up with the loader. For touch up cleaning, I drive the front end up auto ramps.The mmm weighs in at about 180 pounds. I think you sister might want a hand with it. I should mention that I live on the "wet" coast and cleaning is a little more frequent here. There is always that drive over auto load deck made by another manufacturer.

Bryan

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
It all depends on what she expects out of the machine really, some people don't mind having dedicated machines for different tasks. But they are very expensive machines to have limited use, when they are capable of so much more.

I just have to believe Kubota will follow suit on the autoconnect deck thing, on the other hand someone recently posted about a deck for I think it was a b7100 showing a drive over approach to install/removal, that makes me wonder if it could be done with pretty much any Kubota deck?

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,742 Posts
If she is not going to keep the MMM attached I would not advise it. It is difficult to move around and line up with the lift arms. The driveshaft can be a pain to attach if the splines are not lined up perfectly. The process can be a pretty strenuous and exasperating exercise. A front blade or blower can not be attached with the mower in place but the 3PH can be used. She could get a finish mower for the 3PH which would be easier to attach and remove.

Don't get me wrong, I love my MMM but I am sure my wife couldn't handle it. Have your sister try attaching and removing one at a dealer's lot. If she can do it without too much trouble you will have an answer. :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
maybe one of the new JD 1 series with the auto connect would be better suited then

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just do not see a 65 yo woman wrestling with the deck. If she can do it, send her my way, I'll marry her a put her to work.:thThumbsU

I think APin NY has the right idea, a rear finish mower, grab it with a quick hitch. I'd go that route myself if I didn't have so many tight areas to get into and around.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think APin NY has the right idea, a rear finish mower, grab it with a quick hitch. I'd go that route myself if I didn't have so many tight areas to get into and around.
She doesn't have much grass to mow, and not a lot of open space to maneuver , so maybe keeping the riding mower is the best plan.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts