My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
We're all friends here
14,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple days ago I attached the loader and had no problems with it. Today I started it up and find that I can't curl it. It raises and lowers fine but is stuck in the full dump position. I checked the hydro oil and the loader connections and made sure they were in the right places. What else could be the problem?

·
We're all friends here
14,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried that. They were all in place and tight.

·
21,838 Posts
Put the cutting edge on the ground with pressure (lift the front wheels) and back up while curling the bucket back. If it doesn't level out the bucket, pull the hoses to find out which has failed.

Sometimes the inner hose liner fails and forms an effective check valve that won't allow fluid to pass.

·
We're all friends here
14,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Bob. I'll give that a shot.

·
We're all friends here
14,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, here we have another case of Senior Moment. :duh:

I checked the connections three times. I even removed all of them and reconnected them one-by-one. Today, I tried to work the loader again and found that when I moved the valve all the way to the right, in the detent position, the loader would curl. Then I moved it to the left and it dumped. It is supposed to work the opposite. Despite my previous connection checks I took one more look, thinking that somehow I still had something connected backwards, and there it was. Two of the hoses, with color coded caps, were reversed. Was I color blind, or just blind? I reversed the two and now everything is back to normal. I've been doing this correctly for ten years! All I can say is, "Don't get old!". :tango_face_smile_bi
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Don't feel bad, we have all been there at some point or are about to be. Or we are danged liars. I once had the carburetor off my truck the night before a trip, the next morning it would not shift properly. In a panic I took it to a shop I knew, he opened the hood, removed the air cleaner and found the kick down spring laying on the manifold. He laughed, refused payment. I stuffed a five in his pocket and told him to have lunch on me.

·
We're all friends here
14,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd rather be color blind. :D

·
Registered
635 Posts
That’s a sinking feeling when something works perfect for 10 years then quits. Then a huge relief when you find out that it’s actually working the way it’s supposed to, just operator error.

Happened to me too, but forgot what it was, oh well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
We're all friends here
14,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was definitely a big relief. Loading it up on the trailer and driving 22 miles to the dealer, only to be totally embarrassed, would have been terrible. Or, they may have told me to leave it and charged me for a hose or connector I didn't need, though they have always been pretty good.

·
Premium Member
7,751 Posts
I've got the worst of both, been color blind my whole life and now I'm getting old.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts