My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
The 48” or 42” size is usually what you see paired with a BX, especially the 18.

·
Administrator
16,716 Posts
There are several four footers avail for under $500 U.S. Don't know what it would cost to buy in Canada. I see that Princess doesn't offer a four footer, at least not in my search.
MikeC

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I think you'll find a 60" a bit large for a BX. I have a 60" and use it on a B2650 sized machine and it is all the bigger machine wants for traction and at times keeping the front end on the ground. I am usually trying to cut as much depth as possible in hard rocky clay. I have had it on the BX and it will pull it but it's better suited on a bigger heavier machine. My box blade weighs around 500 lbs empty and if it's full of muddy sticky clay it will cause the relief valve on the 3 pth to kick on the bigger machine the BX is almost out to the limit with just the box blade, it wouldn't lift a full blade in that situation. Get a 48" you and your machine will be happier.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank all for the reply.... what you all been saying is what I was afraid of.. the only option where I live in Atlantic Canada is to spend $1100 on the land pride

·
Administrator
13,452 Posts
That's a lot better than buying one that is too large, and regretting it. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts