My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my wife cut a big gash all the way around one of the front tires on the bx. So I'm in need of a new one. Problem is the size is 16x7.50x8 and I can not find this size in a bar lug tire which is what I have. I have found some 16x6.50x8 at a reasonable price and thought I might switch both the front with this size. Will those tires be fine on my BX1850?

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Registered
24 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem,
I had the same issue on my bx23, I had a pair of 205-50-10 tires n wheels (golf cart) I had to open up the center hole a little to fit.
Anyway the point is overall height is what matters.
If you have a front end loader, it would be wise to make sure the weight rating is enough for your application.

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
If you don't have an FEL, they might be okay. If you have an FEL, be sure to check the load rating and confirm they have the same ply count as what you have already.

How much are the new tires? If they are much over $40 or so you might just be better off getting a new set of tires with rims from your Kubita dealer. Last time I checked, they were under $50. So when you consider that you would not have to pay to have them mounted, that you are getting the exact correct size, and that another set of rims are included, it often makes more sense. If you decide to go this route, you order the tires/rims from your salesman (not the Parts department) through the "Whole Goods Catalog."

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Called my dealer and they said it would be $79.99 plus tax. I ordered one from cedar rapid tires for $55 shipped. Exact same brand as the original.

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Called my dealer and they said it would be $79.99 plus tax. I ordered one from cedar rapid tires for $55 shipped. Exact same brand as the original.
I don't have the most recent BX Whole Goods Cataolog, but in the 2011 version a brand new bar tire mounted on a new rim was $42 (a turf mounted on a rim was $38). The price your salesman quoted sounds like the Parts price, not the Whole Goods price. You have to ask for "Whole Goods" pricing, otherwise they try to sell you "parts." Some inexperienced salesmen aren't even aware of the Whole Goods catalog. The Order Code is: ABXR8783

·
Registered
272 Posts
So when you consider that you would not have to pay to have them mounted, that you are getting the exact correct size, and that another set of rims are included, it often makes more sense. If you decide to go this route, you order the tires/rims from your salesman (not the Parts department) through the "Whole Goods Catalog."
An excellent suggestion and I thank you.:thThumbsU

My salesguy just quoted me $70/F and $130/R for mounted bar tread tires.

I can`t buy unmounted tires for that price.

Thank you !!

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
An excellent suggestion and I thank you.:thThumbsU

My salesguy just quoted me $70/F and $130/R for mounted bar tread tires.

I can`t buy unmounted tires for that price.

Thank you !!
You're welcome! And if I'm not mistaken, you have a BX2360 or 2660, right? They have the larger front tire and rim. The front tire/wheel set for an 1850/60 is smaller and less expensive! That same 2011 catalog lists yours at $62 vs $42 for the 1850/60's.

So assuming they have both gone up by $8 in the past two years, the o.p. should be able to get a front bar tire mounted on a rim from Kubota for about $50.

·
Registered
272 Posts
You're welcome! And if I'm not mistaken, you have a BX2360 or 2660, right? They have the larger front tire and rim. The front tire/wheel set for an 1850/60 is smaller and less expensive! That same 2011 catalog lists yours at $62 vs $42 for the 1850/60's.

So assuming they have both gone up by $8 in the past two years, the o.p. should be able to get a front bar tire mounted on a rim from Kubota for about $50.
After using search on your earlier posts about whole goods, I arrived at $350 for a full set of ags @ `11 pricing for my 2360, the current price is $ 400. Still an outstanding value.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts