My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have a Cub 1210 to mow the lawn and a BX2660 with a FEL that I use for the hard work. Plowing, lifting stuff that I don't want to do by hand, chipping wood etc. I don't know how I did it before with just the Cub.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Cub 1210 to mow the lawn and a BX2660 with a FEL that I use for the hard work. Plowing, lifting stuff that I don't want to do by hand, chipping wood etc. I don't know how I did it before with just the Cub.
Would you consider not having the cub and only mowing with the BX if you could only have one? This is the delmia I see for myself. Do I keep my 1650 and put a FEL on it and have a lesser tractor, or do I upgrade tractors and live with the mowing and turn radius of the BX.

·
Registered
490 Posts
If I could only have one it would be the BX. My BX turns tighter than my Cub. I keep the Cub because I also use it to keep the brush under control in the woods around my place and the 38" deck fits between the trees and the mower deck for the BX would have cost more than my Cub is worth. Check out Tractor house for a good used BX maybe a 1500 or 1800
http://www.tractorhouse.com/drilldown/models.aspx?ETID=1&catid=1111&Manu=KUBOTA

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have a BX and love it and for a subcompact would recommend it over all others but in your Cub post most answers said a subcompact is just more than you need. I found on my yard around the house that even my GT was taking more time to mow than the smaller tighter turning lawn tractor. I agree with one thing you said the BX is a better value than the Deere GT. I would rather have the Kubota 1860 over any GT even if it was two times as much but it's not. If in the end you feel a need for the subcompact the BX1860 is the smallest out there and a real tractor.

·
Registered
104 Posts
My previous was a Cub GT2554 and my Kubota is a BX2660 w/FEL and 60" MMM. I don't miss the Cub at all. I mow my yard weekly and my field monthly. The FEL is a great tool and ready to be used with less then five minutes to hook up. I would never go back to a GT, the SCUT wins in every way!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just traded my cub (LT2042) for a BX1860 with 48" MMM and FEL. I wouldn't look back for a second. Turning radius is much tighter (and power steering is unbelievable) than my cub. Not sure if yours was a ZT, mine wasn't. Mowing time was cut in half on my 2 acre lot simply from speed, not so much the bigger deck (42" on the Cub).

I would do it again tomorrow... make the trade up that is. :) Nothing like the smell of diesel on a weekend morning as well!

·
Collector of many tractors
15,274 Posts
Had one... It was the most top heavy tractor I ever had... I sold it before it killed me... I love the feel of driveing it but hated the way it would tip on the smallest of hills...

·
Registered
61 Posts
I love my BX and If I could only have one tractor the BX would be the one! The only reason I bought the Cub was for fall clean-up. The bagger for the BX was twice what I spent for the three year old Cub with bagger and cart. Now I don't have the BX outfitted with a bagger every time I need the rake or tiller on. Although I might have changed my mind if I could have gotten the hydrolic bagger they have in Europe! :thThumbsU

·
Registered
412 Posts
It also depends upon how much weight and/or volume you need to pick up with the loader. If you're just pushing dirt, either one will work but the BX will do more at a time, of course. I got a BX2660 with FEL to work my yard (small city lot) most of the time and it goes around the trees and everything in half the time it took with the (dead) riding mower. I also use it to cut the club's grass, about an acre, and for my Mom's place to work on, which is 12 acres. I also have to maintain her dirt driveway. The BX does just fine in all three places where the riding mower (MTD garden tractor without FEL capability) struggled on Mom's place. The BX has no problems at all in any area. Also, at zero percent interest factory loan, it's only $225 a month! I was going to just pay outright for a tractor while I was shopping, but shoot, I'd rather use their money than mine especially when the money is free.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Kbeitz: What model tractor did you have that it was unstable? I use a BX1500 and my B2620 on a regular basis on all types of terain without any stability problems. Just wondering so I can watch out for problems.

That said with my experience with even the little BX1500 is good, very capable machine. Been places and done things that suprised me. I was looking at a BX2660 but decided to go to the B2620 since the cost wasn't that much diff and I got more loader/3pt capacity, 3spd HST and more gound clearance. I have about 3acres and it seems to be just the right size for me.
I still use my Wheel Horse for mowing but would like to get a deck for my Kubota, the $ was just too much to justify at the time.
I don't think you'll be dissapointed with any Kubota you buy.

Brad

1 - 12 of 12 Posts