My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new tractor was delivered last week. I put 5 hours on it last weekend. Took Friday off for delivery. Tilled up the small garden with the 52" Woods tiller and planted peas and radishes. Went out to the big field, tilled up a section, then removed tiller and deck. Attached a hiller-bedder and made 2 long rows for 'taters. Planted them, then covered them back up with the bedder discs. Found many uses for the FEL already. Filled in holes, leveled some ground, and moved around the big brush pile to get it ready to burn. I LOVE IT! Should have bought it sooner!

Attachments

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,006 Posts
Very nice! Congratulations! You have already broken it in. Enjoy! :trink40:

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Congrats and have fun with it. slkpk

·
Registered
253 Posts
Awesome! Have fun! :)

·
Administrator
21,318 Posts
Congratulations! Nice looking machine you have. That'll serve you well for many years to come.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep, that tiller is pretty big. It's wide enough to cover both tire tracks. Can't run my tractor wide open yet, but had no problem tilling at 2800 rpm. I bought the combination garden package from Stevens Tractor Company in Lousiana. I ordered it on Tuesday, and had it by Friday, just in time to plant. Shipping cost quite a bit, but it was worth it. Very nice unit. It has the 2 discs to set on angle for the rows, 4 cultivators and a sod buster/potato digger. I had never heard of one before I started my research on SCUTS and implements. I saw these hillers on you tube, and they looked like real work savers for creating beds/rows.
As for my Kubota and attachments, I bought them from Rolf implement in Greenview Illinois. Great people, really know their stuff. I still can't believe I finally bought a Kubota and stopped trying to farm with a 4 wheeler and a disc! So far worth every penny. Can't wait to try out that big belly mower.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts