My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning

I have a BX 2360 with about 200 hours on it. It's been a couple of months since I used the Front end loader. Last time I used it everything was fine. I went to hook it back up this morning and I can't hook ANY of the hydraulic lines up. Is like they slide down the fitting a certain distance and hit a hard stop before it's gotten down far enough for the coupling to Engauge. Each one acts exactly the same way. There is no visual damage to any of the four male couplings on the side of the tractor or on the remailer couplings on the end of each line. Since all four of them are having the same problem I suspect I am not doing something right (although I am doing the same thing I always do) or its some thing very simple I am missing. If anyone has an idea how to end my insanity, I would sure appreciate some help. Thank you!

·
We're all friends here
14,168 Posts
The last time you used the hydraulics did you let the pressure out? Rotate the valve stick in every direction, then try inserting the connectors.

·
Super Moderator
28,802 Posts
I find that every once in a while with a major shift in temps that I have to take a plastic hammer (don't use metal) and tap on the ball at the end of the line to release just a bit of pressure (it will release a little hydraulic fluid) to get it to go into the connectors.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The last time you used the hydraulics did you let the pressure out? Rotate the valve stick in every direction, then try inserting the connectors.
Yes I did....I always do that to relived the pressure on the system.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I find that every once in a while with a major shift in temps that I have to take a plastic hammer (don't use metal) and tap on the ball at the end of the line to release just a bit of pressure (it will release a little hydraulic fluid) to get it to go into the connectors.
Are you talking about the tractor side or the line side? The tractor side moves freely...I can press it in with my thumb.....The connectors on the loader seem to be frozen...the stim.....I assume they are suppose to move....

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
You may need to depress the balls inside the female ends of the hoses to relieve the pressure on that side of the connections as well. Be careful. if the weight has shifted on the loader for any reason there may be a great deal of pressure behind one or more of those balls.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You may need to depress the balls inside the female ends of the hoses to relieve the pressure on that side of the connections as well. Be careful. if the weight has shifted on the loader for any reason there may be a great deal of pressure behind one or more of those balls.
I was thinking that, but they feel like they are welded in place...NO give at all. I could take a metal drift and tap them lightly until the release? Not hard enough to damage them …….

·
4,151 Posts
Can you take and post any pictures?...Shoot some WD 40 or similar in first if you are going to try hitting them...I can see this happening to one of them...but all 4?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You should be able to just release pressure on the female side by moving the hydraulic controls with the engine off.
I just went out to the shed and moved the control lever all around...no difference. It feels like there is something physically blocking the female end from sliding down as far as it needs to over the male end....this has got to be something simple, but right now it escapes me.

·
4,151 Posts
The female is on the hoses?..male is on the tractor?..... maybe a little steel wool to clean up the males and some grease ?....Possibly you can get a needle nose pliers in and press on the balls ...if they have rusted it could break them free.....other than that ...possibly get your hands on a male end ( don't take one from the tractor...it will leak all over) ..put the hose end in a vise and try working the male fitting in on each one

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can you take and post any pictures?...Shoot some WD 40 or similar in first if you are going to try hitting them...I can see this happening to one of them...but all 4?
I can take pics. but all you're going to see is what appears to be normal connectors...visually there is no indication there is an issue. I agree...I can see something happening to one....but all four?? That's what makes me think It is me that is doing something stupid....and that's really hard to fix.

·
4,151 Posts
If you can post some pictures...possibly someone will see something that you don't ....there are a lot of guys ( and a few women) on here ....with a lot of experiences....we have all learned from things like this...and learn more if we get it for you...and you let us know what worked

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The female is on the hoses?..male is on the tractor?..... maybe a little steel wool to clean up the males and some grease ?....Possibly you can get a needle nose pliers in and press on the balls ...if they have rusted it could break them free.....other than that ...possibly get your hands on a male end ( don't take one from the tractor...it will leak all over) ..put the hose end in a vise and try working the male fitting in on each one
Ok.....may I am even stupider then I thought...the female end IS the end with the collar that pulls back, right?? Anyway, thats the ones that are frozen. When I say a hard stop, that is what it does.....there is even a little side to side play but it want go down any further. It LOOKS as though it would have to travel maybe a 32nd before the balls in the colar would drop into the grove designed for them....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you can post some pictures...possibly someone will see something that you don't ....there are a lot of guys ( and a few women) on here ....with a lot of experiences....we have all learned from things like this...and learn more if we get it for you...and you let us know what worked
Fair enough...it'll take me a few to get them, but I'll put them up as soon as I can...maybe within the hour.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts