My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice my tractor (JD4100) is wired for rear lights. I would love to have some but I don't want to break the bank to have them. I would also love to attach them to the ROPS and have them able to swivel to illuminate the front and rear.

Any suggestions on which lights to buy and where? Also, how to I mate them with the JD connectors that came with the tractor?

thanks

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
depending on the plug.. but pop it open and wire new lights in.. Work lights are work lights.. the more you spend the better (usually) they are. Led ones draw less power. normal ones are cheap..

·
Registered
346 Posts
I bought all (4) of my lights from Messick's a few yeas ago. The 3.5 Traps give great light over a broad area.

Here are some pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
A few more...

I added a new 30 amp circuit breaker protected ciruit that's energized with a relay only when the key is ON. That factory wiring and switch are only rated for one light, and it it's only ON with the headlights-I want complete independent control over the work lights. Having the headlights ON is often useless because they are blocked by the front attachment if you have one mounted.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts