My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, traveling to pick up a couple machines this weekend, one being a 214 for my father in law. I got him down to $200, non running with a supposed electrical issue. Break it down for me. Obviously no side panels (easily found on ebay), I can do the work but maybe folks more *comfortable* with the 200 series will see things I dont. The handle on the left side caught my eye. Is it normal?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/grd/3783494744.html

·
Certified Master Tinkerer
3,045 Posts
The handle on the left is unusual for a manual lift; not sure what's up with it because there's no lock/release button like on a regular handle. Non-running has lots of possible causes. Start with the basics of fuel and spark with spark being a little more likely as a problem as the points may be bad. Carb cleaning and mouse inspection is also in order. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
I've been looking at that on and off for a week or so. Not really sure what's up with it says there a bracket missing from deck and that almost looks like a hydro lift handle but there's no hydro system :dunno: so good luck with it. I wish the guy with the 318 on CL by me would have put some contact info in his ad:fing20: I can't go buy it if I can't find it lol

·
Administrator
12,568 Posts
Is that lever for an electric lift? Looks like a good project!

·
Three of my friends
9,006 Posts
Huum they both have a black sticker by the handle.?

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
Yea and when I blow the pic on CL up the longer sticker is got numbers on it like positions :dunno:

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah that handle threw me off. It's definitely not a hydro lift the other pictures show that but you'd think it'd have the button to depress. Weird.

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,946 Posts
Our 214 has the manual lift. The dash side panel is different also with the manual lift.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
They had a manual lift, hydraulic lift, and electric lifts. The manual was standard. I think the electric was an option in the later years production. I think the hydraulic lift is the most sought after option and it is common here in the Northwest.

·
Registered
716 Posts
looks like a good project for $200.00, and a great bonus if the electric lift is still there and works :fing32:

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So it looks to be an electric lift! Cool, if it works...

·
Super Moderator
16,679 Posts
So it looks to be an electric lift! Cool, if it works...
Correct that is a electric Lift Btw most Part for rebuilding the actuator are still available from Deere:thThumbsU

·
Penn State Puller!
2,796 Posts
Yep that's electric lift. Good find!

·
Diesels are awesome!
4,449 Posts
Cool 214! The electric lift looks interesting. I've seen a lot for sale, but I haven't seen an electric lift in person.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah it interests me as well. I'm off to work now, ill head out this afternoon and be to it tomorrow!

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Super Moderator
16,679 Posts
John Deere’s description on the Electric lift for the 200 series

:thThumbsU

·
Diesels are awesome!
4,449 Posts
The 110s and 112s had the switch on the dash.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts