My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking on Craigslist. J.D.2305 with 223 hrs 4WD, mower,tiller and loader.
Grand total $3200 but you know the deal has to be shipped to you .
And it only about 2.5 hours from me.

·
Another Day in Paradis...
1,862 Posts
Starting again? Did they ever stop?!?

·
Registered
131 Posts
They seem to have stopped over the summer, at least in the Pittsburgh, PA area. I noticed last week a Kubota CUT for around $3k and had the same though as x320.... they're baaaack!

·
322 jd. with loader
386 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
I noticed a few of these on Craigs List latley. The new scam asks you to click on a link for more information or to contact a seller.

·
Registered
848 Posts
The scammer scum probably need money for Christmas presents.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
The scammer scum probably need money for Christmas presents.
Yeah I think Bob Hope would have done a Christmas Special from Nigeria.
The Road To Ruin :banghead3

·
It's not easy being green
348 Posts
:ditto:

Caveat emptor: "Let the buyer beware". Scammers don't take vacations. They just move their operations to and fro. :banghead3

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I get a kick out of the IDIOT that tells me about Buying a tractor at 1/4 price Then he says can you believe it that %$#@&^% took my money and did not send me the tractor.. I scratch my head and ask him where was the tractor he says in Montana And the Guy was getting shipped to IRAN;; In my mind I say Good. You got a heck of a deal $4300.00 for nothing.. If it sounds to good to be true . It isn't True..

·
Registered
298 Posts
And yet another. I've included it as a picture because by the time any of you all get to the listing it will (hopefully) have been flagged for removal.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I emailed the Scumm told him/her I would pay the asking price Plus $2000.00 To have it delivered. We would go to a bank and get cash. On delivery. The Scumm Never held to the deal;;. I say cash ON delivery;;

·
Blank Space
3,038 Posts
(AP)

CALDWELL, Ohio - When a South Carolina man answered a Craigslist ad seeking a farmhand in Ohio, there was no job waiting for him. There was a freshly dug grave.

The man was shot and wounded in what investigators say was a murderous robbery scheme that used bogus help-wanted ads to lure victims. He escaped, but another job-seeker was later found dead in a shallow grave nearby. And two suspects — a man and a 16-year-old boy — are under arrest.
The South Carolina man who escaped to a neighbor's house told the homeowner, Rose Schockling, that he had answered an ad on Craigslist for a job and was told he would be erecting fences for a cattle farm.

But Schockling said there is no farm of the size the man described nearby, with most of the surrounding countryside either woods or strip mines.

The man had been told to bring his belongings with him to Ohio because he would be living at the farm, the sheriff said. Investigators believe robbery was the motive.

A few days after the man went to the police, authorities received a call from the Florida man's sister, concerned that her brother had not been heard from for weeks. The sister said her brother had responded to what she believed was the same Craigslist ad, for a caretaker for cattle on a 688-acre farm.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57328082/2-arrests-made-in-ohio-in-suspected-murder-plot/

·
Registered
58 Posts
Found what looked like a deal on a car recently on cars.com There was no phone number so I emailed the seller who claimed to be about 100 miles from me. Got a reply back that they were in the military in Washington state and I could pay for the car and it would be shipped to me. Really made me mad, using the military as a backdrop for their scam, talk about scum. If they had claimed to be a nun leaving for mission work in India I might have fell for it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts