My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Make Smoke, Boil Water!
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a little help finding a good price on a pump for my pressure washer. I thought I'd drained and winterized it good enough this year, but this winter was really severe by our standards... even the warm spot in the garage where I keep it got real cold.

So it looks for all the world like I busted the pump.

It's a Sears washer, but the Briggs number for the pump is 202274GS. Any help is appreciated in finding a good price on the replacement.

:thanku:

PS. After I replace it, I'm going to rig up a permanent 'winterizer' attachment. Will post a pic for you after that's done...

·
Make Smoke, Boil Water!
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:thanku:

I'll have the part on order later today.

Thanks for the link on the Pump Saver. Great!

Dumb question: So does it come with an adapter on it already for the inlet?

I haven't seen this stuff until today and had been thinking of a quick doohickey using the end of an old garden hose, one of my quick-connects, and a funnel. I'd zip-tie it to the upright on the washer, and leave the garden hose connected as a quick visual check to remind myself the washer's been 'winterized.'

·
Registered
700 Posts
I blow mine out with an air compressor. Does leaving the pump dry hurt any seals? Maybe I'll look into the pump saver.

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
I blow mine out with an air compressor. Does leaving the pump dry hurt any seals? Maybe I'll look into the pump saver.
Not sure if storing the pump dry will hurt the seals or not. I would think that if it is stored dry seals could dry out, and shorten their life. Here is a vid I found on youtube that explains how to winterize your pressure washer. One of the key items that he does and I do also is just pull on the rope starter, but don't start the engine, several times to pump out the water that remains in the pump. If you don't get all the water out it's no big deal if you use Pump Saver. A couple of blast and all the water is out and the pump saver is in. :thThumbsU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhUcunhTEZc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts