My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Massey 65 worked well for me for many years...until the crankshaft broke...right through a counterweight... engine serial number G176 2720, Spec 10. I pulled the pan and everything looks OK except for the cracked counterweight. I don't know what happened...but I pulled the valve cover and all the valve stems are intact so I am hoping it wasn't a valve head popped off. My next step will be to check on that.
I have located a possible donor engine that "needs an overhaul" according to the owner...but the engine serial number plate has been removed so I am wondering if that crank will really work for me. There is a casting number on the side of the block that reads G176 A 600 M. Is there a way to confirm the engine crank would be compatible with my block?
The donor is missing the flywheel, water pump, starter and generator so it doesn't have much to offer if the crank won't work.

·
15,000 +posts!
19,765 Posts
I know on car & truck engines most all had crankshaft casting numbers to ID them with,I'd assume that your engine would also,but you may have to dig deep at a dealer's parts catalog or online to see if you can find listings to tell which ones are interchangeable,or if it is a one off unit that only fits one particular application..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts