My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new Bush Hog 6' landscape rake w/ gauge wheels a couple of weeks ago here in NH from a tractor dealer. The body of the rake is a piece of roughly 4" angle iron, with what looks like ~1" straight stock welded on on the rear edge, making the top strap of the rake a quasi-U-channel. I have no more than 5-6 hours on it, raking out freshly delivered loam (which I have to think is about the easiest thing there is to rake). I have a cracked weld on one side where the 1" reinforcing piece is welded near the gauge wheel mount, and crinkled paint in the same spot on the other side. Does this sound like an unusual situation, or are these things junk? I haven't contacted the dealer yet - any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks - JayC

·
Old Guy With Old Toys
1,178 Posts
My 6' landscape rake, not a Bush Hog brand cracked along the top supports also. I do believe I kinda abused mine. I am fixing to adjust the parts back into place and weld a strengthening brace on it, both sides. If mine were a new unit I would contact the selling dealer.

·
Registered
250 Posts
If you repair the cracked weld properly and while your at it check out all the other welds it may be better to repair the fork than replacing it with a new one only to have it do the same thing....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts