My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this Burns B60E today. It has a B&S engine and is I believe, a 1962 model. I got a mowing deck and a trailer with it. It appears complete except for the guard over the starter-generator belt.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I got the Burns home, after a stop at the car wash.

Under all the dust & dirt I wasn't sure but now I can tell that it has been painted. I see some green/gold color under the red, near the shifter in the last photo. No wonder somebody painted it. If the mechanicals are all good, and I know the late, previous owner, and know it ran well when parked, it should be an easy, cosmetic restoration. Pretty much, tires, paint, and decals(?) will do it.

·
forkz
6,173 Posts
cool lets see the truck

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ran and rode the Burns for the first time today. The engine started right up with no smoke or rattles and runs great. It steers and stops good. The only issues I had were getting it in gear with the engine running and the clutch pedal depressed and the choke & throttle cables need lubing. The drive belts seems to be loose enough that it would slip when disengauged so maybe when the pulleys get worn smooth again it will work as it should. If not I will clean the pulleys and replace the belt.
I cleaned the gas tank by putting in a little gas and a few rocks and shaking it around. Here's how I shook it.

A few laps around the back yard and it was pretty clean!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts