My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Those are the best little Briggs engines made. Buntons are big collectors here in Ky. I have one similar made by Jacobson but not running. Great find. Let me know if you decide to part with it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Fresh gas and oil and that briggs fired right up. If I could remember which way to pull the throttle lever, it starts 1st pull. They certainly had a higher build quality back in the day. I am not that familiar with B&S engines, more of a Lawn Boy guy, is there a way to date the mower from the engine number? Do you know anything about this vintage of Bunton? Might be interested in trading for C series LB's.

·
Registered
438 Posts
There will be several numbers stamped on the engine. Get the model and type and I can look it up through my manuals. I think 1960s early 1970s. Where are you located? I know all mowers where designed for a purpose, I would love to talk to the engineer on these. Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
I finally found the numbers on the shroud. Ends in 73011604. It looks to be a 1973?, if those last 8 numbers are the date code The green color and the weight made me think it was older. Not sure how it ended up here in Ft Wayne, as I have never heard of Bunton before this one showed up.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts