My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most if not all modern riding mowers have mounting holes in the sides of the front of the frame for a bumper or other attachments. I have in my collection 2 different MTD front bumpers. I think at least one of them has multiple holes on it to fit multiple tractors and also has a patent number on it. I have ideas for two different products to make and sell that I have not seen on the market. Both products would probably need to use those same mounting holes. Is there a chance I could be violating a patent if the mounting arms for my products have the same holes in them to mount my product? Both of my products could be used on most any front engine riding mowers.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
A hole is essentially the absense of material... "nothing", in other words. There cannot be a patent on "nothing".

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
In the "aftermarket industry" for many different products, cars, trucks, tractors, etc., existing "HOLES" are what the products mountings were designed around. Hitches, bumpers, Johnny Buckets, toolboxes, tool racks, the list is endless...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts