My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following a flood last year, I had to rebuild my workshop. Here's some pics. First pic shows water damage in garage and workshop. Water rushed in, knocking boxes around, spilling contents, made a huge mess...tons of silt and sand and mulch poured in, too.

In the workshop, to the side, I laid down cinderblocks and then started putting pieces of plywood and OSB board, whatever I had around, to make a "floating floor, just held by gravity on the cinder blocks.

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Built new workshop, 2

Once I got the floor down, I spied a problem, uneven boards would make a tripping hazard, so I cut small pieces of wood and screwed them to the boards to level the edges out. Then it was time to build a workbench... The house next door was having its kitchen gutted so I salvaged the cabinets and mounted them above the workbench...

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Built new workshop, 3

Then, got my tools in place and my stuff moved in, and some of my test equipment mounted and it's almost inhabitable, now...

Attachments

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
14,572 Posts
Nice job! You even have a swivel chair and a boob tube. Now all you need is a small fridge and you'll have a cool hangout. :thThumbsU

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They pulled the analog signal to the boob toob, lol. Gotta get cable out there next. AND a fridge, of course. :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, that is next! Tried to get my wireless to reach out there, but the siding of the garage (detached from house) is made of tin roofing, and I think it's blocking wireless signals. No problem running a line, though. BTW, those are antique phones on the shelves. Have collected them for more than 20 years, in addition to power equipment.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Nice set-up,but I got to ask,why the "floating floor? Is shop attached to the side of your house? Just trying to figure that one out.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Notice the second line up on the wall in the first pic. Now the water will flow under.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yep, that was why. We had a horrible storm, something like 5 inches of rain in 4 hours, and my entire yard was under water. The garage is detached from the house, it's a 2 car garage with 3 attached storage/workshops. I also knocked two holes in the foundation of the back of the garage (slope is that way) at the lowest points so water would run out of it and not rise up like it did. There was so much water it literally pushed the back wall off the foundation! That was fun to repair, let me tell you! I'm also getting a small sump pump to place under the "floating floor" in case all else fails and water rises again. The storm also flooded the crawlspace under the house and destroyed my oil furnace. Just installed a new heat pump and ran new ductwork under there, too. And a $400 heavy duty sump pump under the house, too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts