My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,733 Posts
To me, there's not many things cooler than taking things that 99% of the population would throw away and making something viable out of it. Bravo to you Kevin!

·
Registered
115 Posts
cochon de lait, great setup really like the small counter weight. Beats the heck out of using the backhoe to dig a hole.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Yum not much beats a pig pickin'. Those pig cookers are great, one of the best things made by man.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Very nice work. Always good to see your work.

·
Retired MTF Founder & Administrator
15,755 Posts
oh man, that pig looks good!! :fing32:

I've never cooked corn on the grill like that. does it come out good? do you have to do anything to keep them moist? or just cook them in their husks?

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
That does look like it will be a great roaster. Some cold beer to go along with it, what more could you want?

·
Old as Sin
2,187 Posts
Great job as usual :congrats:, just a few questions ,
1 what are you going to do with the dozer shell
2 is you crane/ lift buried in concrete or bolted to the barn
3 why is there no cut on that thumb

:thThumbsU:thThumbsU:thThumbsU:thThumbsU

·
15,000 +posts!
20,543 Posts
Very cool!..Kbeitz never fails to amaze,with his skills and inginuity!..

A co-worker at one of the parts stores I worked at has a mobile pig roaster like that and he's done pretty well with it,he makes a good living doing BBQ's and parties!.

I made a wood stove very similar to that ,I used to tow it behind my tractor and used it as a brush burner..it had a 2x2' door you could toss 6' long branches right in and man,did that thing throw some serious BTU's!..

I always wanted to try hooking it up in my garage,but the chimmney opening wasn't high enough--I eventually warped the tank all to **** after getting it pumpkin orange a few times when I used it to keep warm while working outside one snowy winter day..it got so hot the tailight lenses on my truck ten feet away melted!..

A guy I know used a tank like that stood up on the small end to heat his shop--he cut about 20 holes in both sides of the tank with a hole saw,and welded pipes into the holes,they were right above the fire box..that thing would melt your beard if you stood closer than 3 feet from those pipes!..:eek:..

·
Collector of many tractors
15,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh man, that pig looks good!! :fing32:

I've never cooked corn on the grill like that. does it come out good? do you have to do anything to keep them moist? or just cook them in their husks?

Just soak in water before cooking...

·
15,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great job as usual :congrats:, just a few questions ,
1 what are you going to do with the dozer shell
2 is you crane/ lift buried in concrete or bolted to the barn
3 why is there no cut on that thumb

:thThumbsU:thThumbsU:thThumbsU:thThumbsU
1. Just another one of my back burnner projects...
2. Bolted to the barn....
3. ???? Huh

·
15,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
3. ???? Huh

I had to go back and look....
I try to keep my indexers out of the grinder....

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Another Kbeitz masterpiece! You should quit your day job and have a summer camp for boys. What you could teach them!

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
Did sandblast the old paint off and use Hi Temp stove paint Kevin ?? Looks great .. now start cooking:fing32::fing32:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts