·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well we are back at it.
Course of blocks laid.
Some of the material arrived.
Three of the walls are up'
Reason for the large openings are for windows.

Enjoy 006.jpg

003.jpg

007.jpg

010.jpg

·
22,109 Posts
Put your window headers at the top of the wall. If you decide to replace a window for a door later, it's a lot less hassle. Especially if you run the wires just below the header instead of under the window. Works for house construction, too.

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Another question, maybe I know the answer to, but I'll ask to be sure.

You don't have a mud-sill (pressure treated bottom plate) on your walls. Is this not needed due to the use of the block course?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Put your window headers at the top of the wall. If you decide to replace a window for a door later, it's a lot less hassle. Especially if you run the wires just below the header instead of under the window. Works for house construction, too.[/QUOTE

Presently it will have 7 windows, 2 walk in doors and a 9 ft overhead door, I don't believe I will need more.

Ted

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another question, maybe I know the answer to, but I'll ask to be sure.

You don't have a mud-sill (pressure treated bottom plate) on your walls. Is this not needed due to the use of the block course?
Sill plates are pressure treated with a sill seal between sill plate and blocks.

Ted

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am thinking about building a gargage/workshop too. Thinking about a 28' x 32' with a cellar something like a half basement in the back half of the gargage maybe 12 x 28. Would be some good storage space/storm shelter. :fing32:

·
22,109 Posts
I am thinking about building a gargage/workshop too. Thinking about a 28' x 32' with a cellar something like a half basement in the back half of the gargage maybe 12 x 28. Would be some good storage space/storm shelter. :fing32:
:MTF_wel2:, ONE FINE DEERE!!

The storm shelter is a good idea. Just remember that gasoline fumes are heavier than air and will settle in the basement unless a barrier is erected around the entrance.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My wife and I are now putting ours up. The fellow was helping was getting to be a pain, claimed the trusses I received wouln't work and that we needed at least 5 people to put them up. I was paying him $15.00 @ hour and told him that for the type of work he was doing I couldn't see how he could justify that kind of money. Told me he couldn't work for any less so now he isn't getting anything from me.

But between the wife and me we will get it done.

003.jpg

006.JPG

009.jpg

017.jpg

Ted :praying:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts