My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Farmer
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this will not be to big of a wagon to pull with my Bolens. The wagon came on a pallet this week and today I put the frame together. The intention is to place a wood bed with stakes around it. Thought I would share as I go and I might have gone a little overboard, but wanted to use it for hay for animals and a good all around wagon for just about everything.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
That Bolens shouldn't have any problems pulling that wagon, maybe stay clear of steep hills and etc. Traction is usually the limiting factor.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
That's a nice looking wagon I wouldn't mind having one where did you get it?

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
The real question is, what are you going to haul? :dunno:

Brush, that trailer is great, mulch up a slight grade, expect to not load it over 2" deep, literally.

The trailer does not add any weight to the drawbar. Many trailers add weight to the tractor as the trailer gets heavier.

This one is much smaller than your trailer, and the tractor is larger.

The rig gets tricky, either no traction, or small loads. The pic shown is composted wood chips. That is about the max I can get to the garden per load.

Make the bed out of VERY lightweight materials, the more the bed weighs, the less you can haul per trip.

·
Gardening Newbie
311 Posts
Nice looking Bolens. Can I ask where you got the trailer from?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I pull this trailer around with my 1977 Ford LGT 120, gear drive. Now, I havent had more then 4 kids in it, ages 2 to 5, and I am not sure what they all weigh. My 2yr old twins are about 35lbs each though. And I havent had any issues pulling it yet. As for the trailer, its a '60's Datsun. I have the tongue redone since this picture too. I like it because it fits through the gate to my back yard.

Attachments

·
Farmer
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is an EZ-Trail Compact Wagon. They come in two sizes and are 2 ton units, much sturdier than some of the other scaled down wagons out there. This one is the 260 JR and I got the option for the bigger tires 20.5x8-10. It came on one pallet with the parts as you see it. They are in Arthur, IL. Shipping was reasonable to NY commercial address and their phone number is 800-677-2802. They do offer factory pickup. Oh yes, the wheel base is adjustable, I have it as long as it can be. It took me most of winter looking around to select this unit, hope I made a good decision. Will probably have to pull with something bigger when loaded.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
What a coincidence, your new trailer has the exact same size tire as I used for this one.

I used 3500lb trailer hubs and spindles, because I had them!! :fing32:

·
Gardening Newbie
311 Posts

·
Farmer
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Farmer
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The final update. I used 4 treated 2x6's as you can see in the picture to run the lenght of the trailer. I wanted 4x6's but could not find in my area. The cross pieces that the deck is nailed to are treated 4x4 on 2 foot centers. Need to do a few more things, but have already started using it. Tows well and is easy to tow.

Attachments

·
Gardening Newbie
311 Posts
Very nice! How about a picture of your Bolens with the completed trailer attached to it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts