My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
HeadCase For My Ingersoll
1,359 Posts
Pumping up the front tires or using narrower wheels/tires will make steering easier. Keep in mind a narrower footprint will sink into wet ground more easily. Greasing the the rod ends will also limit binding at pivot points. I've also gone so far as to sleeve the drag link and sector gear tie rod with pipe when using heavy front attachments. Hitting a rut or a speed-bump sized rock with a lifted plow can bend steering linkage.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I may put a few hundred pounds in it tomorrow and see how she performs. I havent greased the front of tis tracotr in years. Well it hasnt been used in years either. It will be going through a lot of changes this winter.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Very nice. You might want to try a set of Tri-Ribs for the steering. slkpk

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Looks to be a nice clean fab job. You may want to consider putting some reinforcement ribs on the bottom of the bucket. If you start lifting heavy loads or pushing at all with it, it might want to bend. Is there any type of pin system or other to lock the bucket in place when closed? You just want the bucket to stay with the blade when closed.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The bucket will be getting a cutting edge put on it next week. I may also weld a peice of 1"x1" angle across top pf the bottom plate. Basically an upside down V.

The pin locking setup I have on there now if just for test purposes. I have to see what I have at the shop opn Monday.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I seen a thread were you add needle bearing on top and bottom of your spindles to help with steering the parts were from mcmaster car and pretty resonable to I think that thread was on the case yahoo site tri ribs will help to and they are more rigid I have a set and love them but they are pricey I think they are 140 a set but the parts for the steering were 20 or 30

hope this helps good luck with your project

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Looks very good to me!:fing32: I don;t think you should have any trouble using it or raising it. Maybe steering might be a little harder, but that is the nature of a Tractor when you add a bucket to the front. Can be off-set with weight, but you can't off-set it all. Was told the same thing when I fabbed a bucket on My Custom 6 and it did steer harder, but it sure beat a Wheelborrow! Sorry for posting this picture in the Case Forum, but i think it is relevent, don't hate me Castoff!!:sorry1:

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
Looks very good to me!:fing32: I don;t think you should have any trouble using it or raising it. Maybe steering might be a little harder, but that is the nature of a Tractor when you add a bucket to the front. Can be off-set with weight, but you can't off-set it all. Was told the same thing when I fabbed a bucket on My Custom 6 and it did steer harder, but it sure beat a Wheelborrow! Sorry for posting this picture in the Case Forum, but i think it is relevent, don't hate me Castoff!!:sorry1:
Aw gee, Sonny.... you gots me all wrong, man. I have appreciation for all the old iron and yours is no exception. It's just that I appreciate the Colt, Case and Ingersoll tractors a bit more. Nuttin' wrong with that.

And your post is very pertinent to the discussion at hand. Thanks for displaying your handiwork.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts