My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not real big on cats but Bubba was a good one. Bubba was born in April,1997. My brother had just died and i brought this cat over to give my brother whom stayed with mom and dad to take care of them.
Bubba was the first of a litter and the female just happened to be on the porch when she went into labor.This was her first litter and she seemed confused as to what to do. I brought her into the house and got her a place to birth. Later i noticed she was having her third kitty and over in the corner of the box was a white kitty all alone and looked like it was a goner. Put the kitty in with the pile and he found a nipple and the rest is history. Bubba out lived his litter mates and my mom and dad as well.
Once Bubba disappeared for about 6 weeks. When he came back he had been in surgery for a cut on his left leg and his "cojones were missing as well!
Bubba decided that he would start staying home after that! That was about 6 yrs ago.
Last week ol Bubba came up missing. Finally he showed up Monday evening and we could tell he was sick. Brother took him to the vet yesterday and the vet said that somehow that several of his lower teeth were broken off and severely infected as well as him having a sever sinus infection and emaciated from not eating. The vet stated that she doubted that he would survive surgery. Thus Bubba was added to our grave yard for animals that we started as kids on our place.
Bubba was a killer at heart and took out his share of squirrels, snakes and mice as well and a mole just two weeks ago.
Never thought i would pay tribute to a cat!:thanku:

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
Never thought i would pay tribute to a cat!
I said the very same thing when Kapusta died 35 years ago... I was a confirmed dog guy until 'Pusta came along. He changed me forever, I never needed a dog after him and I still mourn tha passing of all of my others that I've had. I'll share your pain for Bubba, TG.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
I am a cat and a dog person. We love them all and losing one is a very hard thing, regardless. I hate to hear it.

Take care.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss-I was a avid dog lover-until this little grey ball of fur came along-she was homeless-she comes into my garage at nite and keeps the mice from chewing on my tractors and I feed her. Some day She will not come again-and I will feel the saddness you do now.
Hermione

Taking a break

Good Luck!-AL

·
Administrator
21,220 Posts
So very sorry for the loss of your good pet. It is very sad when they pass. They are a big part of our lives, aren't they?

·
Retired MTF Founder & Administrator
15,755 Posts
sorry to hear TG, Bubba sounded like a nice cat....
I was a avid dog lover-until this little grey ball of fur came along
that would make 2 of us... i never cared much one way or another about cats, but we adopted one a few months back, and i really have changed my thoughts on cats... or maybe just this one...

anyway, sorry TG... i would imagine Bubba would have been in a lot of pain with an infection like that... at least he's not suffering any more..

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Sorry to hear about your cat. I just recently lost my boy Duke, and I know how you feel. I too have a cat thathas been around a long time, and I am just waiting for it. Good Luck and keep looking forward.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts