My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't found the answer here yet so I'll ask the question. Does anyone know if the brush guard (X500 series) can stay on the tractor when fitted with a snowblower? I am assuming it does, but you never know. I am just trying to think of a good mounting location for a couple of lights for moving snow at night and think on top of the brush guard might be perfect.

Thoughts? :thanku:

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,432 Posts
The brush guard mounts up and out of the way so you should be good. I don't have a blower, but I'm pretty sure you can use them both.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
MY dealer says it has to come off but the JD web site says it can stay on !!
I'm guessing it will make opening the hood even more difficult, as if the blower chute isn't enough!1
I have been taking it off the first 2 years but I'm leaving it on ( I think ) this year ??

#44 select series
Features
Ideal for home and estate owners in heavy snow regions
Works well in all snow conditions and is suited for snow removal around recreational parks, industrial parks, and other locations where snow must be moved greater distances
More effective than single-stage snow throwers when operating in wet, heavy snow and deep snow conditions; the low speed auger sizes crusted material as it moves snow toward the second-stage blower
Provides consistent snow placement in variable snow conditions because the high speed blower gives the discharged snow consistent velocity - even in very light clean up volumes
The optional brush guard or bumper can remain on the tractor when using the snow blower
X300 and X304 models require a lift assist spring kit to use this snow blower

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm not sure if it can or not. I know on the X7xx it has to come off because of the quick hitch. But what I'm really wondering is what can possibly get past the blower and get to your grille???:swow:

I'll bet the engineers at JD were probably only looking at it from that perspective and never gave a thought to the possibility of someone wanting to mount extra lighting to it. I hope it can stay because it would make a very good perch for auxilliary lighting.:cool:

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
It can stay on with snowblower fitted, I already tried it.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
I'm not sure if it can or not. I know on the X7xx it has to come off because of the quick hitch. But what I'm really wondering is what can possibly get past the blower and get to your grille???:swow:
You're saying you are not sure that JD knows what it is talking about ??,( I highlighted it in RED), and are you sure the X700 series uses a #44 blower,
It's a PITA to take off and on !!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well there you have it. Seems staldrill put this one to bed with that sweet pic of his rig! Shame I'm thinking about spending $$ on the brushguard to use simply as a post for a light or two though. Maybe Santa will hook me up! :praying:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Well there you have it. Seems staldrill put this one to bed with that sweet pic of his rig! Shame I'm thinking about spending $$ on the brushguard to use simply as a post for a light or two though. Maybe Santa will hook me up! :praying:
Yea but they look really sweet too!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts