My Tractor Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Did you buy from Ebay or Amazon? I bought my first one on Amazon but will save $5 and buy from my Ebay guy from now on. Hope the blade with holes is the same as the one without.

·
Professional Homeowner
7,393 Posts
Used the Kombi with Renegade this weekend. Still loving it! There is definitely a fine line when it’s better to use the chainsaw. For lots of little stuff at ground level, definitely the brush blade. Pruning high up- brush blade again. I’ve been doing a lot of all the above, so switching between the chainsaw and brush blade is constant. I’m working in a big area with squishy ground with an 8000 lb tractor, so it really isn’t ideal to use tractor to move equipment from place to place. I think I need a UTV that can pull a trailer.

Anyways to add more fuel to this fire, I ended up ordering the Kombi pole saw attachment this morning. Sure, the Renegade is able to trim limbs above my head and everywhere below, but it’s super unbalanced and not ergonomic to hold sideways. That 7000 RPM blade is also a lot of gyroscopic force to fight. Result is that my arms hurt today. I’ll see about getting the extension pole from the Stihlership. I haven’t been back there to discuss the Renegade vs Stihl blade yet. Also i’ve never used a pole saw.

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Used the Kombi with Renegade this weekend. Still loving it! There is definitely a fine line when it’s better to use the chainsaw. For lots of little stuff at ground level, definitely the brush blade. Pruning high up- brush blade again. I’ve been doing a lot of all the above, so switching between the chainsaw and brush blade is constant. I’m working in a big area with squishy ground with an 8000 lb tractor, so it really isn’t ideal to use tractor to move equipment from place to place. I think I need a UTV that can pull a trailer.

Anyways to add more fuel to this fire, I ended up ordering the Kombi pole saw attachment this morning. Sure, the Renegade is able to trim limbs above my head and everywhere below, but it’s super unbalanced and not ergonomic to hold sideways. That 7000 RPM blade is also a lot of gyroscopic force to fight. Result is that my arms hurt today. I’ll see about getting the extension pole from the Stihlership. I haven’t been back there to discuss the Renegade vs Stihl blade yet. Also i’ve never used a pole saw.
Glad to hear it's still working well. I lost 4 teeth off mine after a marathon session sat. Ordered the 9" and will repost on it after I get it. Youll love the pole saw, just rest it on top of the branch and let the weight take it thru.

I bought a harness and set it up sat morning in my ridiculous pants.
20200404_100844-1-1.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Glad to hear it's still working well. I lost 4 teeth off mine after a marathon session sat. Ordered the 9" and will repost on it after I get it. Youll love the pole saw, just rest it on top of the branch and let the weight take it thru.

I bought a harness and set it up sat morning in my ridiculous pants. View attachment 2451426
Look like PJ bottoms to me but see people out in public in them all the time.

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Got the 9" blue blade from my ebay seller. It doesn't have the holes in it like the 8" does. Also someone posted this up in my thread on another forum lol.
01111_daLgntLSObp_600x450.jpg

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Since Steve Urquell has been extolling to blue blade so much, I decided to get one myself. I've been using the green one for well over a year and find it works great for the small saplings on the creek bank. But it is getting a bit dull and a new one was in order. I have a small section of wild growth to clear so will use it and see what difference there is between the blades.
Ordered it from Amazon and it came in pristine condition, the card didn't even have bent corners.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Well, can certainly say it is better than the green blade. Used it today in a variety of cuts, everything from high overhead to less than an inch off the ground. Kickback is much more severe is about the only drawback, but the blade is more than far enough away to prevent bodily harm.
Only real problem is that in heavy thick cover, I can go faster than I can remove the cut saplings and limbs.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts