My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only took 4 days from ordering online at TSC to get my new Brush Grubber! Now the lawn has to dry out enough that I won't leave ruts in it to pull some small trees with it. Bigger than what I thought it was going to be. Hopefully my Custom 6 has enough power to pull most of them out! If not I will wait till it drys up enough to get the Froniter out back and pull them. I will let you know how it works when I can use it!:fing32:

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
I have looked at those many times.. Just never thought that i would like to get smacked in the back of the head from a tree.. I get that often enough from my wife.. I await your comments of its use fullness..

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Team green Use a longer chain... Are you blond????:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:hide::hide:

·
-
1,832 Posts
Looking foward to your review. I've eyeballed one of these, and the optional chain, a number of times...

·
26,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it wasn't dry but enough for me to try it out and not rut up the yard. Worked really good! Only spun 2 times on couple that was pretty big and deep. I recommend it if you have Brush to pull out.:fing32:
TG if the trees were that tall I would cut them off about 3 ft tall and then pull out the stump. I used my Custom 6 and 8 ft 3/8" chain. Suprised how well the Tractor did, I did have to tug on a couple a few times before they released. Here is some pics.

this 1 is the one I spun on.

·
26,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did try it on smaller saplings and it would slip off. Anything at about 1/2" or so it would slip, but I didn't play around with it very long, so I might be able to make it work? :trink39:

·
-
1,832 Posts
They make three models depending on size of what you're grubbing:

Original:

Heavy Duty:

Extreme:

They also offer a tugger chain:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Maybe someone can help me, I can't see the pictures SonnyT posted. There's a little square with some blue dots..............................no, no Bud Lite yet.

·
26,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My guess would be that your Browser is set to block the Images from downloading. Just a thought. If that isn't it, start a thread in the Computer Forum asking why the Images have blue dots and someone will defiantly can you help you there. Make sure you don't have Tinypic.com blocked. :fing32:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I bought one awhile back and yes it does work good. Saying that I had just as much luck choking the brush with a chain using a slip hook. I put the hook around the back of the brush so it turns slightly as it pulls and tightens. I was pulling some good size clumps of alders with my Ranger, one big enough that I **** near did a face plant on the steering wheel when it didn't come first pull.

Just never thought that i would like to get smacked in the back of the head from a tree...
Hear 'ya, cure is to cut the tree leaving a 12" long or so stump. It doesn't feel good geting whacked in the back of the head does it:fing20: (talking from experience here). The stump doesn't fly I guess it's because the roots don't all snap at once....Mike

·
the "AWOL member"
4,954 Posts
I picked one up at an auction a while back for a couple of bucks,got it cheap because no one knew what it was! I've used it a number of times and have been well pleased with it.They definitely work as advertised.:fing32:

·
20,000 +posts!
20,958 Posts
We had a near identical thing at work,we used with a forklift,called a "Pallet Grabber",you'd use it to drag a pallet way in the back of a truck body out to the gate so you could get the forks under it!..

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
looks like a handy little tool to have sonny!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
We had a near identical thing at work,we used with a forklift,called a "Pallet Grabber",you'd use it to drag a pallet way in the back of a truck body out to the gate so you could get the forks under it!..
we actually used to use an old truck brake shoe. We would slide it in the fork slot next to the center support with the curve down...... when you pulled it with a strap it would lock in and extract the pallet. It would only work on pallets with bottom strap intact.

·
26,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Too cold, you are lucky I can't brand! :trink39:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts