My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up this morning for 40.00 to resell. Pretty good shape but needs some minor work. The lady i got it from said it ran just fine back in the spring but a spindle went bad so she parked it. Got a 14hp. Kohler Command in it.

Whats funny is last week i sold a non running Craftsman on CL for 125.00 and had tons of calls minutes after listing. This mower has been on 4 CL sites most of the day for 150.00 and only got one call. I dont think my price is unfair cause its a pretty decent ole mower.

·
Always Learning
2,158 Posts
nice! :d

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
a running kohler is worth the asking price

·
Gun Toting Democrat.
144 Posts
I would buy the XXXX thing for the motor and put the motor in the LT 10 I have. I wish I lived closer.

·
-
1,833 Posts
If you raise the price it may sell - perceived value.

Wish I could find $40 riding mowers that weren't trashed in my area.

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
yuh me too; I am looking for 12.5-16HP vertical engine that runs (or will with a little work) for a repower most I see lately even w/something like a dead trans or trashed deck are wanting $150-250 and they think that is selling them "cheap" engines alone for ~$400; forget that; before I did that i'd go buy the new 17.5INTEK at Farm&Fleet for $500w/a warranty; where these idiots think any running engine is worth $400 is NUTS; hours unknown maintenance unknown; it took me a year to sell from my 8HP Kohler horizontal "Magnum" that I totally rebuilt with all OE Kohler parts and bored, and had the crank machined for an undersized rod; an engine that I had that much tied up into and that I knew exactly how much run time it had, and such; and was basically a brand new engine.
I've looked for a few good/used engines this summer; sorry I aint payin that for "just" a used engine with so many unknowns.
I guess I tear the 2, 12.5 I/C Briggs" I have here apart and send them to the machine shop; so I know what I'll have in the end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts