My Tractor Forum banner

461 - 480 of 490 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #461
Needed to burn some branches, pallets, and old computer desk. Decided to use BOH as a seat to watch the fire.

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts
Larry,
I looked through the thread and didn't see any comments on the new Kenda tires. How do you like them over the traditional turf tire pattern?

·
Premium Member
9,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #463
Larry,
I looked through the thread and didn't see any comments on the new Kenda tires. How do you like them over the traditional turf tire pattern?
All I can comment on is I like the looks, and they hold air. I think I have rode BOH maybe 100 - 200' so far. Saving him for the show Oct 1. After that I'll put him to work.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Was thinking of putting on my jd317....but I have to be willing to suck up the $64 shipping fee first. Amazon has the turf tires on prime.

-Sent from my S7 Edge via tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #465
Was thinking of putting on my jd317....but I have to be willing to suck up the $64 shipping fee first. Amazon has the turf tires on prime.

I think you would be happy with the Kendra's, very close to the All-Terrain brand.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I think you would be happy with the Kendra's, very close to the All-Terrain brand.
Oh, they look great...which is why I'm tempted.

·
not quins. but sextuplets
15,241 Posts

check out this company for tires..

m. e. MILLER tire

I've gotten tires from them.. no 64$$ for shippin.. they r also one of our sponcers here on MTF..

·
Premium Member
9,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #468
check out this company for tires..

m. e. MILLER tire

I've gotten tires from them.. no 64$$ for shippin.. they r also one of our sponcers here on MTF..
That is where I got mine.
2 - 23 X 10.5 X12 173.70
Shipping 47.85

2 16 X 5.50 X 8 90.00
Shipping 15.80

Attachments

·
15,241 Posts
That is where I got mine.
2 - 23 X 10.5 X12 173.70
Shipping 47.85

2 16 X 5.50 X 8 90.00
Shipping 15.80
I got the same tire.. same tread.. for both sizes for my 'Perky' project.. think my shippin was like 40$$.. now I can't use the front tires.. can't turn the sterrin... I added a FEL to mine.. those tires have only 10 feet of usage..

·
Premium Member
9,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #470
I got the same tire.. those tires have only 10 feet of usage..
Huh? I have drove more than 10 ft. I suspect your steering bushings are bad / lack grease, or too low tire pressure.

·
15,241 Posts
Huh? I have drove more than 10 ft. I suspect your steering bushings are bad / lack grease, or too low tire pressure.
sterrin bushing r brass.. replaced with new.. the tie rod ends also replaced.. 20 PSI in tires.. the FEL bucket puts weight like heck on the front tires.. power sterrin by armstrong..

·
Premium Member
9,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #472
sterrin bushing r brass.. replaced with new.. the tie rod ends also replaced.. 20 PSI in tires.. the FEL bucket puts weight like heck on the front tires.. power sterrin by armstrong..
How bout some rear ballast? Worked great for me when I was sporting the snow blower. Well, until the cooler was emptied......

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts
I got the same tire.. same tread.. for both sizes for my 'Perky' project.. think my shippin was like 40$$.. now I can't use the front tires.. can't turn the sterrin... I added a FEL to mine.. those tires have only 10 feet of usage..
Why can't you use them? I like the look, just trying to figure out how they'll do on grass, or will they rip it up.

·
15,241 Posts
Why can't you use them? I like the look, just trying to figure out how they'll do on grass, or will they rip it up.

OK.. look at the tread pattern.. it's highly aggressive..add the weight of the FEL & u can't turn the sterrin wheel..

·
Registered
417 Posts
OK.. look at the tread pattern.. it's highly aggressive..add the weight of the FEL & u can't turn the sterrin wheel..
Gotcha. That says something for the grip then I plan to mow, snow plow, snow blow.

·
15,241 Posts
How bout some rear ballast? Worked great for me when I was sporting the snow blower. Well, until the cooler was emptied......
sure.. add all this up.. 90# Rim Guard in each tire.. 110 # wheel weight inside each tire.. then 240# hangin in box on the rear.. that brings the total to 640#... is that enuf..

·
Premium Member
9,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #477
We had a good time at the Texas Early Day Tractor and Engine Association show. BOH was mainly display, Old Girl was our butt buggy, and we even rode her in the parade!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #478
Today I took a 5-6 mile ride, visited the neighbor's shop.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Lol cool! How's its road hugging abilities! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #480
Nylon Starter gear gave out, Figures as I didn't replace it and put a 420cca battery and super charged the grounding.
I was looking up to see if I could replace this with the engine still on the tractor. I think I will need to bench the engine to remove the Front and L side shrouds. I may wait till I can order new parts instead of using the old parts I have on hand. Little John had a visitor.

Attachments

461 - 480 of 490 Posts