My Tractor Forum banner

441 - 460 of 490 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
I love these old boxy Craftsman, they just look tough. And you do an amazing job bringing them back to life LARRY :)

AWESOME! and jealous.

·
Premium Member
9,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #443
Thanks All, I guess I am officially done on BOH, except for the show later on. Will be clearing the bench's and putting tools and left over parts away this weekend in prep to start on "Little John"

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #445
A few pictures before I store the attachments.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #446
Wasn't supposed to storm tonight so I moved all the GT's to the Wife's Pergola. We are doing a camp out in the shop tonight. I flipped all the seats up, guess they will get a rinse tonight.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
WOW! Does it look good outside!! :)
Love that rear blade! I been wanting one similar for my Suburban. I finally got the parts for the lift of our GT6000 snow blower, might finally get back on it! With your example Larry, might go and work on her some more! :)

·
Premium Member
9,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #448
The Second canopy came in today. Now for the $69.00 question. I will have to modify this to make it fit. Consists on drilling the mounting holes in the brackets larger to fit my spring bolt studs. The way it is supposed to go is with bolts down through the springs. Mine have the studs that come up. Should I modify it, or give up on the canopy for this?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
I'd drill out those hole to fit myself Larry. It is 100% up to you though!!

·
Premium Member
9,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #450
What the heck, it's only $69.00. I drilled the holes and ran into another snag. I had to put the mounts through the bottom of the seat springs, little challenge to get the spring nut started. I had to locate two 1-1/2 bolts for the front seat bracket, the kit had the correct bushings for the front seat pivot. Once the bottom bracket was tightened up it feels pretty stiff and makes a good grab bar. This is also the transport mode, Only 2 wing nuts hold the canopy on.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #451
I needed to move them out of the shop tonight. The LED upgrade on BOH makes it the brightness of all of them. Yes I rode him around a while. If I decide to mow with him I can do mowing at 3 AM now.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
WOW it sure is bright!! I have to look into doing this with our blower tractor! Mainly for safety!

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
That's canopy mounts similarly to the one we got! Only difference is mine has support to dash for rest of material. Wish it had the material, I might go with your set up and make a wind block windshield as that is all we need!
Looks awesome Larry!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Nice and bright. Looks great.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #455
I almost had a panic attack today. I noticed this!:Stop: Further inspection I don't think I need to worry about it. I mowed the 3 acres yesterday and today. Spent some time cleaning them up. I have relatives stopping by tomorrow from WVa. I know they will want to ride them around.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Thankfully looks like easy fix for you when you have time!

·
Premium Member
9,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #457
As a Chinook Crew Chief once said (while wiping down hydraulic fittings in flight) "When they stop leaking, then that is the time to start worrying".

·
Outlaw Tractor Collector
2,886 Posts
Nice canopy! How solid does it feel driving around? Looks like they have improved the mounting a bunch since I ordered mine a few years back. Looks very nice!!

·
Premium Member
9,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #459
Nice canopy! How solid does it feel driving around? Looks like they have improved the mounting a bunch since I ordered mine a few years back. Looks very nice!!
It has some side to side wobble when going over rough areas, not bad though. I have been checking it after each ride and have not noticed any issues so far.
After the October 1 Tractor show BOH will be put into Mowing service with RED, and hopefully Little John. I'll see how well it holds up then.

·
Outlaw Tractor Collector
2,886 Posts
It has some side to side wobble when going over rough areas, not bad though. I have been checking it after each ride and have not noticed any issues so far.
After the October 1 Tractor show BOH will be put into Mowing service with RED, and hopefully Little John. I'll see how well it holds up then.
Tractor Show? Here in TX? Thats odd... lol there are not many down here!

441 - 460 of 490 Posts