My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A great lawn mower other than the broken part...

Lawn-Boy/Toro has discontinued the part and I haven't been able to find one online. Three (so far) local welding shops won't touch it. Any ideas?

Model #680523
Wheel Assembly Part #684575

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Welcome JOG. I have a machine just like yours. Where in MN are you? That break is a bummer. I thought I just saw one of those one ebay, but white instead of orange. Others may have better leads than that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in Fridley. I can't complain about the broken wheel, the mower has been great, but could do without the "there's nothing we can do for you" from Lawn-Boy and the dealer I bought the mower from back in '92.

This forum looks great and seems to have a lot of gents that take LB's apart and put them back together just for fun. Maybe I'll get lucky. :)

Thanks for the "welcome".

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Sorry to hear see that. The white wheels come up on ebay every so often. Even those are NLA. What kind of metal is that? aluminum or a mix of metals?

Welcome to the Forum BTW.

Mind if i ask what you paid for it in 92? I have the push model version.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to be a newb - "NLA"?

I don't recall the price, $500-ish? My wife saves everything so I'll get her right on it...please. :)

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
We were all Noob's at one time... No Longer Available...

Id be interesting to know, no rush... The lady i bought my commercial M from said her husband bought it new, but didnt know how much it was...

·
5K Poster!!!!
5,127 Posts
Partree still shows that wheel Part no. 684575 still available for only $137.52, wow what a bargain huh. That must be a gold wheel not aluminum.

·
Lawn Mower Fan
681 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I spent a couple hours on the phone yesterday calling online parts stores. All the one I talked to showed the 684575 on their web site, but none of them actually had the part. I don't recall if Partree was one of the place I called - it all blurred together after the first hour. :)

I bought a white 684576 off Ebay that Eric pointed out - hopefully the mower will be good for another 18-years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts