My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,
I have a Yard Machine MTD 700 series lawn tractor; I was mowing with it yesterday, and after 2 spins around the yard it just stopped dead. I had just gone into a little depression in the yard and thought maybe it was stuck, but nope, it will not go anywhere in forward or reverse. I also found a small silver disc (about 4" across) on the ground. So I took out the battery and looked at the drive belts and it looks like my VSP came apart. Do these things usually break like this? I'd like to try and fix it, I've only had the machine about 4 years and have done some work on it. Would like to keep it a few more years.
Wheel Train Automotive tire Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
It shouldn't be hard to find parts to fix it, There are a few different configurations for those and I don't know if the VSP parts are the same. The VSP on my Yardman mounts on the back of the axle and is mounted with one bolt.
Saw Tool Wood Hand tool Metalworking hand tool

Cannon

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I assume this is the newer 700 seires. On older models I know a c-clip held the VSP down. I don't know if the clip failed if the pulley could then separate. I'd have to check the one on my bench.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts