My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
20,000 +posts!
20,959 Posts
:eek:...

Looks like what my luck is most of the time..I dont just break things,I destroy them!..

I had a 5 HP Tecumseh on a snowblower that had a crankshaft do the same thing one day--the clutch flew off into a snowbank,and I thought it had just loosened up and flew off,but when I dug it out of the snow (it melted a foot wide hole in the drift!),it still had the end of the crankshaft stuck in it!..it busted clean off,flush with the block,leaving me with a perfect running,USELESS engine!..

Cheapest fix for that will be to go scrounging at mower shops junk piles,maybe they'll have a dead starter with a useable armature..all the ones I have are 110V versions from snowblowers,not sure if they are the same,I think not due to the voltage diference and AC/DC ..

·
20,000 +posts!
20,959 Posts
It's episodes like this,that ALL tractors should have a recoil or rope start "back up",so you wont have a long PUSH back to the garage!..they always seem to have a major catastrophy when your a mile out in the woods and have a trailer full of wood on it,at least thats when mine like to die on me!--either that or when I'm near or in the ROAD mowing!..:eek:.. one good reason to have TWO or more tractors,is so you can tow the dead one back to the shop,if nothing else!..:rolleyes:..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts