My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Frankenstein -cart that has an Ag Fab bed, Jackson frame, Ford 100 front wheels & John Deere Axle, now has an Ohio Steel tilt latch. At least I didn't lose my load when it broke it jammed. Ohio Steel sent me this latch 2-3 years ago, It wasn't what I ordered but I kept it & reordered the correct part again & just sat on this latch knowing someday I'll use it. I'll still weld the old one back together.

Attachments

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
5,783 Posts
My JD 15S failed similarly, and unfortunately with an over load of firewood on a short steep hill. In my case a couple decades of overloading weakend the spring that held the dump release lever into the knotch that held the bed down to the tongue. I first tried a simple zip tie repair:

Worked a few times, but wasn't strong enough and eventually broke at almost exactly the same place with another overload of firewood. After picking up the firewood a second time, and in recognition that I couldn't remember the last time I actually used the dump feature, I resorted to some #9 wire.

Much less elegant than your solution. I was working towards fast resolution in the field, to complete the hauling job that I was in the middle of - twice!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts