My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a Broadmoor 5010. It's was built in 1975 has a ten horse [email protected] and a three speed tranny with reverse. Got it running and mowed the grass a little and it seemed fine. Even went through the gears with it. Went back to move it in the garage and it wouldn't move in first, second or reverse. The only gear it would move in was third and it was really slow. It seems to go in gear but won't move. Any suggestions.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I have one of these, the trans are very simple and rugged, there is a lot of belt for the drive system along with idlers. Been awhile since I looked at mine but I'm pretty sure it has two drive belts (and a 90* turn). I'd check the belts first.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys, It is the belt. Didn't even think about the belt since it did move and cut when I first got her running.There seems to be no way to adjust it. It's way too loose. Ordered a new one, so we'll see what happens when it gets here. This little tractor is just itching to cut some grass. It was given to me by a friend who picks up old tractors and recycles them. He was told that this little beauty sat around for twenty years without anyone so much as even looking at it. I seen the beauty in this old girls framework so I'm bringing her back to life. She's one that's worth restoring. Thanks again for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts