My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I have owned a Deutz Allis 1616 *same as Broadmoor* (16HP Briggs Vangaurd with 48" deck) for 13 years. She is a bute and has always performed well. However, I just purchased a 2003/04 Broadmoor (18HP Briggs Vanguard with 50" deck). It is in great shape and I am very pleased.

However, the deck was not leveled so I leveled the deck using the adjustment bar. I set it so the front edge is 1/8" down since that is what I liked on my previous Deutz 1616. Then I cranked the cut height adjustment to 4" and was in shock when I measured from my concrete drive to my blades to find that the actual height was only 2 1/4" !!!!!!!!!! I then crancked the adjustment up to 5 1/2" and the actual was only 3". How do I set/adjust the cut height system?
I know the deck leveling system and cut height system are connected so did I mess something up during the leveling process?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Tim :crybaby:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Tim,

I've noticed the same phenomenon on my 54" deck. I think the height adjustment says something around 5 when I'm actually cutting at 3.5.

I think this is the way it is supposed to be since even Simplicity states in their literature that their decks have a maximum height of around 4.5". I'm not sure why their "height gauge" is set up the way it is.

So either we're both messed up or we're both ok. Not sure yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JFlame,

Thanks for the reply! I too read that statement and I spoke with Simplicity Tech support yesterday. They said that the numbers were indeed just a "reference". However, he did seem to think that the difference I had was pretty high. So he told me to make sure the previous owner put the right rollers on the deck as wel as see if I room to go on the screw adjustment. He claims you can pull one of the pins on it, screw it a couple turns and replace to pin to "modify" the throwing range. Worth a shot!!! Thanks again!

Tim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts